TheSiltSurfer's Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > TheSiltSurfer's Build Thread

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #76
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illflo
Hey Silt,

How do you like your Rugged Trails? I'm trying to decide between them and Firestone A/Ts for mud/wet grass/gravel roads but still quiet on the highway. Had Destination A/Ts on my pickup and loved how quiet they were but still had good traction. Your WK2 looks awesome man, I'll have to use it as inspiration!
They are great for all that but in fresh snow they don't have enough grip. They got a little louder once worn in, overall they are decent. Thanks for the wk2 kudos I love this jeep it's super smooth . Personally I might lean towards those at2 next time for snow grip

Unread 04-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #77
illflo
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer View Post
They are great for all that but in fresh snow they don't have enough grip. They got a little louder once worn in, overall they are decent. Thanks for the wk2 kudos I love this jeep it's super smooth . Personally I might lean towards those at2 next time for snow grip
Good to know. Do they pick up a lot of gravel? We don't get a lot of snow here in VA but when we do it's a mess, so I'd like to be able to get around. Yeah I really liked the ATs and have had the Destination MTs on a pickup, (which are awesome everywhere but snow) but was thinking about trying something a little more aggressive since I'm only going to go up to 265/65/18s because I want to preserve MPG as my WK2 is my DD. Though I think the Rugged Trails are classified as highway all seasons, not ATs. They just look a little more aggressive to me I guess. Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.