JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   TheSiltSurfer's Build Thread (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/thesiltsurfers-build-thread-1333821/)

TheSiltSurfer 02-24-2012 09:15 PM

TheSiltSurfer's Build Thread

9 Attachment(s)
Making this thread to catalogue my 2012 Limited Hemi Wk2 Mods So far: Rocky Road 2.5"& UCA's, Bwoody extended links, Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, Yakima Fairing w/Fat Cat 6 & hitch rack.
Future Upgrades:chrome bezels, Volant intake, Tough country spacers for added front height, 33"tires, & exhaust

Jackal01 02-24-2012 09:39 PM

Looks great!!!! Get yours aligned and let me know if you get lights on the dash, please.

TheSiltSurfer 02-24-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal01
Looks great!!!! Get yours aligned and let me know if you get lights on the dash, please.

Will do! Getting her aligned next week at my buddy's shop they close on weekends ;P slackers

Jackal01 02-24-2012 10:04 PM

Haha. I am just nervous. I have no idea what to think about those lights! I checked the lines and everything that I could just now and everything looks to be in order. Fuses are fine. It drives perfectly except that 4low doesnt work and I can switch to the terrains that do not require 4L but I have no idea if it really is enabled. The EVIC shows it changing but then also says "Esc snow" or something to that effect. aaaaahhhh!!!!! *sigh*

TheSiltSurfer 02-24-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Haha. I am just nervous. I have no idea what to think about those lights! I checked the lines and everything that I could just now and everything looks to be in order. Fuses are fine. It drives perfectly except that 4low doesnt work and I can switch to the terrains that do not require 4L but I have no idea if it really is enabled. The EVIC shows it changing but then also says "Esc snow" or something to that effect. aaaaahhhh!!!!! *sigh*

Yeah not Getting into 4low is not encouraging lol. Get ahold of Rocky Road, I'm sure they ran into plenty of lights designing this kit hopefully they will have answers. I'm thinking it's something to do with the axles being reinstalled that seem to be the main part of the drivetrain that would set off any lights. GodSpeed on the fix!

Jackal01 02-24-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer (Post 13120913)
Yeah not Getting into 4low is not encouraging lol. Get ahold of Rocky Road, I'm sure they ran into plenty of lights designing this kit hopefully they will have answers. I'm thinking it's something to do with the axles being reinstalled that seem to be the main part of the drivetrain that would set off any lights. GodSpeed on the fix!

The shop told me that they called RRO first and they were not any help. However, I am going to call myself Monday. I was not happy with the shop. If anything needs to be repaired I sure hope they pay for it.

TheSiltSurfer 02-25-2012 02:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Volant Intake Installed!! & chrome fog Bezels xD
The rubber grommets gave me a hassle that's about it sounds great feels crisper and quicker at least until the CPU makes its adjustments

JMP8562 02-25-2012 10:03 PM

Looking Good... Really like how yours is going :thumbsup: If you have a few min to add your build comments w/ pic to this ( link below ) would be a great place to post them for others to add to it as far as what they did to make it easier for the next JEEPER :cheers2:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...e-ups-1325215/

Jackal01 02-25-2012 11:21 PM

Nice, dude.

TheSiltSurfer 03-01-2012 08:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Adding my CB antenna, used a mount from http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...vab4hha9tq4286
Breeze was an install heres the pics use a Firestick antenna

Jackal01 03-01-2012 09:18 PM

Looks awesome. Where is the CB mounted and wired?

Also, I saw it a while ago on another WK on here but I cannot seem to find the thread even with searching. They were mounts for auxiliary lights on the rear similar to the antenna mount you have (made me think it was the same company) and the OP is using Rigid Duallys. Rear mounted light brackets but allow the liftgate to be opened. Thought you may know.

TheSiltSurfer 03-01-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Looks awesome. Where is the CB mounted and wired?

Haven't wired the Cb yet, I'm not very savvy at Wiring & I want a clean job so my buddy is going to do it for me at his shop, hopefully be adding 20%tint that week also :)

coloradowk 03-02-2012 07:52 AM

Looking good. Whats your plan with bigger tires?

On a side note: I grew up in Durango. Nice place but glad to be gone.

JMP8562 03-02-2012 08:56 AM

I was looking how were to mount the antenna the other day with NO deacent place AND THEN along comes TheSiltSurfer with a great write up:cheers2: .....And for the mounting of your cb not sure wich one you have but i have the cobra 75 it is a clean look but for distance, not so good... again thanks for some GREAT ideas

TheSiltSurfer 03-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradowk
Looking good. Whats your plan with bigger tires?

On a side note: I grew up in Durango. Nice place but glad to be gone.

I'm hoping to add 33's haven't decided on a brand yet, call me crazy but I'm kinda digging on the stock tire look for now with the lift. My jeep only has1300 miles on it so tires are practically new, so I could wait a bit longer XD & yes Durango is amazing came here from Texas to avoid some of the city life, enjoy the Mountian sports & focus on Producing Music. Cheers!

The time now is 01:51 PM.