Test Drove a Limited V6 today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Test Drove a Limited V6 today

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Brady12

Test Drove a Limited V6 today

What a amazing vehicle!
The V6 engine was very smooth and had all the power I could ask for. After reading posts here I was concerned it was a slug, but I was very pleased with its power and acceleration. Transmission also smooth.

Very quiet cabin. Excellent handling.

Love the heated steering wheel, seats, power liftgate, and the beautiful 20" wheels.

I was basically sold on buying a Toyota 4Runner. After checking out the JGC I am sold on it.

My only concern is longterm reliability and it being a first year model.

The price I was quoted by the dealership is about 3K less than the 4Runner.

Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Go for it. Have nearly 12,000 miles on mine and have owned it since late July. I have not had one single issue. This is an exceptionally well built, high quality vehicle. In my opinion, Jeep has not produced something like this in its history. I'm still thrilled with it every time I get in to drive it.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
decooney

Keep in mind, some of the complaints (from some) about the new new JGC Pentastar V6 being somewhat under powered could be coming from those who are switching from something like a V8 Tahoe or BMW X5, etc - and they may need it for towing or they have a large load with 4-passengers going up hills more so than someone who drives alone to the store and back from time to time; completely different scenarios and customers when comparing who says the V6 is underpowered; i.e. "underpowered for what?". Early on, I was on the fence too, but for any kind of heavier towing and a loaded vehicle with passengers there is no choice but the V8. Driven both several times to compare. For daily use and light duty towing, perhaps the V6 might work for most.

And, for example - anyone who use to own something like an anemic 1999/2000 4Runner with a 165hp V6 back then, the new 290hp/260ftlbs of torque for the V6 in the 2011 Jeep is a powerhouse by comparison!

Some complain about noise in the V6, perhaps that is more noticeable on takeoff, and once the vehicle stabilizes at speed, its less noticeable, whereas on the V8, it has SO MUCH TORQUE, 130lbs more, and you just don't need to mash the gas as much to get it up and going, and therefore less noise is generated on takeoffs, etc. Something only multiple comparison test drives can help one to decide for sure on either the V6 or V8. Same situation occurs when comparing something like a Honda Accord sedan I4 to the V6; the V6 is a tad smoother and quieter, but for most the I4 is plenty and you get use to it after some driving time.

Its all relative to what you are comparing to and what your real needs and uses are, where and how you plan to drive it; IMO.
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
illuzions
2011 WK 

just got the laredo v6...x package...I also had some concerns about the 6 being that I had the hemi back in 06...I must say I am very satisfied with the new penstar...nothing negative to say at all...I know the hemi packs a punch but this 6 isnt too shabby..haha..
illuzions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
JTS97Z28

Awesome!! These are the kinda posts I love seeing especially since I ordered my new Overland last week. Also nice to read that people are speaking so highly if it's quality.

James
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.