AT&T Galaxy S 2 and the 430N - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > AT&T Galaxy S 2 and the 430N

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 10-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
mortifer
2011 WK 

AT&T Galaxy S 2 and the 430N

Is anyone else having problems with the Galaxy S 2? I am able to pair the phone and it will work the first few times I get in the Jeep, but after that it no longer connects. I can remove the phone and re-add it, but it will only work a few more times then stops.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a fix. I am running the latest (to my knowledge) software on the 430N (update on the CD that was sent from Jeep a few months back).

mortifer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
rangersplash
2011 WK 

I have the S2 however I haven't noticed any problems. I'll keep a lookout for any.
rangersplash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Iamnid
2011 WK 

Can you be more specific as to which Galaxy S2 you have? I'm considering getting the Sprint variant but I may reconsider if it will break functionality I currently have.

Thanks
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Iamnid
2011 WK 

I got the Sprint Galaxy S2... Works fine.
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
mortifer
2011 WK 

Mine is the AT&T version.
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
mortifer
2011 WK 

Update: I reset the phone to factory defaults and didn't install Google Voice and it stays connected, but it doesn't transfer the phone book.
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
dgipson

My Galaxy S2 works fine via bluetooth. Even sync'd EVERYTHING. I was trying to use it via USB the other day though and no luck at all. I thought it would detect it as a USB drive but it didn't. Samsung Kies tries to run and I close that but the car doesn't detect USB plugged in.

Any help anyone?
dgipson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
mortifer
2011 WK 

I switched to the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - the phone pairs fine, but I still cannot get the address book to sync. I have facebook installed and have all my contacts from facebook in my contacts so I am wondering if that is stopping the sync somehow.
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
dgipson

Anyone try getting it to work off of USB? For long long trips (i.e. 2 - 3hrs) I'd prefer it docked by USB so the battery doesn't run out. I'd like to see it as a hard drive instead of using the bluetooth.
dgipson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Jeep_addicted
2011 WK 

I am not sure if it is the firmware but I have two distinct issue with our 2011 the don't happen with the 2012

1. The Samsung Captivate (AT&T) pairs but does not stay connected in the 2011

2. The 6th gen ipod won't play in the 2011 but works fine in the 2012

I have confirmed that both cars have different UCONNECT firmware.

Another discovery I have is that UCONNECT only seem to read ipods that have Flash memory and that is why the Classics with hard drives work. They should look into this because in my previous car I had a classic with my music library synced now I am without all my music.

I have stumble upon the copying some itunes folder to a flash drive and the 430 will recognize it as an ipod and display the album, artist, genre just as it would had an actual ipod been attached so this confirm my theory from above.
Jeep_addicted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
ljvb

I have only had my jeep (well my wifes) for 14 hours now, so I have not tried to pair any phones to it yet.

However, just a few notes on the Android based phones, specifically carrier customized ones (any phone you get directly from the carrier, they are not considered Android AOSP, which is your basic Android OS as it comes from Google). The carriers do weird crap to their firmware. I had serious issues with my Captivate (Galaxy S original) on my Mercedes. I of course hacked the crap out of my phone, so some of the issues were of my own doing, switching to a different ROM resolved my issues. Note the stock ATT Captivate as it came from ATT had the problems described above, disconnecting constantly and requiring me to re-pair it every time. My current ROM on my phone has no such issue.

The Carriers like to mess with things, specifically as it relates to bluetooth, by removing or modifying various profiles.

With regards to the Galaxy S II, I do believe they changed the way the storage is handled, and it no longer can be set to a plain mass storage device (what you need to copy files via USB), rather you have to use some funky weird media like upnp service to read the media on the phone.

If you are nerdy enough, and want to know more about your phone, google XDA Developers (I cannot post links yet), it is the community side for nerds and geeks who like to mess with their phones (Android, windows mobile, Symbian etc etc). It is the place to go void the warranty on your phone.

ps, I am in no way affiliated with XDA, at least no more than I am with this site.. I am just a nerd with a car passion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.