Syncing iPhone with stereo problems.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Syncing iPhone with stereo problems..

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 10-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
camaro307
2011 WK 

Syncing iPhone with stereo problems..

Have the base stereo system, with the connectivity package/Bluetooth. The Bluetooth while sometimes mis-recognizing my contact names or not responding at all...I also have an aftermarket deck that links to my phone( in another vehicle) that can play my music flawlessly- however my JGC (2011) either doesn't link at all to do this or chops the songs up or even speeds the songs up to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. The dealer service department told me its because the stereo deck isn't synced with Apple's constant updates, making it outdated and unreadable. Does everyone else have this problem as well?

camaro307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

I have the 430... but I did have those problems until I had the system updated with the latest software (it was a Chrysler/Jeep TSB). Ever since then, I've had no problems.
UNCjeepWK2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know my aftermarket Bluetooth in my radio requires constant updating. I would check to see if your radio can do the same. I just use a Bluetooth dongle attached to my laptop and viola.
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
7BARFUN
2011 WK 

RADIO UPDATE

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

New radio update. I'm assuming for the base radio.
7BARFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Iamnid
2011 WK 

Great... Now all we need is for someone to post the file so we can put it on a usb drive and do the update ourselves
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
camaro307
2011 WK 

Thanks for the TSB update link. Although the dealership department is always reluctant to check for updates, after complaining about my iPhone 4S not playing music and insisting there was an update, they checked- sure enough there was one- and now my music plays great from my iPhone! Thanks!
camaro307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
bikerbill7

Regarding not recognizing your contacts, I had to re-initialize the system to recognize your voice. It'll ask you to count to 10, a, b, c's, etc. That helped my issue.
bikerbill7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.