Sunroof options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Sunroof options

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
edawg

Sunroof options

Hi all... newbie on this forum (been on the Cherokee forums for awhile, but about decided we'll need the big boy's Cherokee instead. )

For a Limited JGC, is the "Single Pane Power Sunroof (GWA)" option for $995 the small traditional sized sunroof or is it the same large pana roof that comes with the Lux II package? Trying to keep this purchase in the $36-37K range...

I found a dealer with a 4X4 Limited that seems to think the way I do that the LuxII package is overpriced and they've optioned the car with Tow Package, UConnect, the Single Pane Power Sunroof option and the 20" wheels. Seems like a smart configuration to me IF the roof is the nicer one?

edawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
FlyingDiver
2014 WK 

There's two options for sunroofs on the Limited, per the charts on jeep.com: "Power Sunroof" or "Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof". I think that car has the first one.
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawg
Hi all... newbie on this forum (been on the Cherokee forums for awhile, but about decided we'll need the big boy's Cherokee instead. ) For a Limited JGC, is the "Single Pane Power Sunroof (GWA)" option for $995 the small traditional sized sunroof or is it the same large pana roof that comes with the Lux II package? Trying to keep this purchase in the $36-37K range... I found a dealer with a 4X4 Limited that seems to think the way I do that the LuxII package is overpriced and they've optioned the car with Tow Package, UConnect, the Single Pane Power Sunroof option and the 20" wheels. Seems like a smart configuration to me IF the roof is the nicer one?
This is the config I have. Not a fan of the 20s but liked the smaller sunroof more than larger one due to family just not being into sunroofs. That is the small sunroof mind you. You apparently cannot get the panoramic one on its own.

Wow if you can get that all for 38 that is awesome. I am in CA and got it all for $44k OTD. That price has the 9% tax and license fees.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Zhenya
2014 WK 

As mentioned above $995 is for the smaller sunroof, the panoramic comes only as part of the LuxII package on the Limited. (standard on the overland and summit). I love sunroofs and opted to get the LuxII package because of it (the other goodies helped too )
Zhenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhenya View Post
I love sunroofs and opted to get the LuxII package because of it (the other goodies helped too )
That's what we did. Lux II worked for us for many reasons. I don't think it fits in the OPs budget though. We got Limited with Lux II, Tow IV, 8.4/NAV, and 20s for $41,250 OTD excluding taxes. If you found the same rig without the 20s you could save a couple thousand.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.