SRT8 Front End Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > SRT8 Front End Conversion

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 12-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
helmholtzwatson

SRT8 Front End Conversion

Hi, all

I just got rid of my trusty 04 Cadillac CTS and am looking into getting a Grand Cherokee. I'd like to know if it's possible to swap out the front bumper from the Cherokee to make it look like the SRT8. I just love the more aggressive look of the SRT8 but don't have the coin to drop on it nor do i want a car that only gives you 12mpg in the city. Any tips on how to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated. I'd would like to make all the appearance mods of the SRT8 on to the regular body Cherokee including the side rocker moldings and anything else (no need for exhaust).

I did almost the same thing with my 04 CTS and made it look like a CTS-V. Did the front and rear bumper, fog lights, grille and rocker moldings and it wasn't all that expensive. I think i spent less than 2k on the parts then whatever it cost to paint it.

Are there any writeups on these forums on how to make this conversion and the part differences between the SRT8 and the base models? I couldn't find anything on the search. The Cadillac forums i used to visit had tons of that kind of stuff and was very helpful.

Thank you all in advance!

helmholtzwatson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
BigNunz6
2015 WK 

Just to let you know, I have a 2012 GC 6cyl and do 99% driving in NYC and never see better than 12mpg. Yes there are some that claim a lot higher mpg but I have never seen better than 13 on any Jeep I've owned, NYC driving. Not sure what you expect...GL
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I am unsure on what year you are looking at but someone on here did this to a 2011-2013 model. Try the search function. It should yield some results for you.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.