SRT 8 Price - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > SRT 8 Price

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
kmag53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 144
SRT 8 Price

I was just looking at dealer's inventories the other day and noticed a one local dealer was getting an SRT 8 in his inventory soon. What shocked me was the price.....$64,000.00. Yikes. I thought they were going to be priced in the 50's. Quite a jump I would say.

__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E
2011 Chrysler 300 Limited
kmag53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
JeepOrvis97
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 1,653
Yup, even the rear entertainment package is jacked up for no reason. It's a dumb option anyway
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Ungerer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glenden, Queensland
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmag53
I was just looking at dealer's inventories the other day and noticed a one local dealer was getting an SRT 8 in his inventory soon. What shocked me was the price.....$64,000.00. Yikes. I thought they were going to be priced in the 50's. Quite a jump I would say.
Looked up one on net from 2010 to 2011 and $54,000 to $80,000
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
Marcus86GLHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 819
and the depreciation is about 20% first year and 15% second year. more yikes.
__________________
2008 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, Light Greystone Pearlcoat, Hemi, Tow Group, 18" Chrome Clad Wheels. Original owner, 20,000 miles

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
BuckeyeWK2
Registered User
2012  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 25
Thats why I canceled my order and got a Summit. No Jeep is worth 60k IMHO
BuckeyeWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
SSmoke
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 6
I agree, who has $64,000 in this economy!! I like the older SRT-8's better anyway, lol...
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
peckmv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: perry hall, maryland
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeWK2 View Post
Thats why I canceled my order and got a Summit. No Jeep is worth 60k IMHO
Agreed!
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
pjkatz04
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoke
I agree, who has $64,000 in this economy!! I like the older SRT-8's better anyway, lol...
Totally. They screwed themselves by making it heavier than the old srt and it's $20k more. What a joke. That Trim is screwed for this gen.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2002 4.7, Selec-Trac, K&N FIPK II, JetChip Stage 1.
pjkatz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
kmag53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 144
I must agree with all of you. That is way to much for a Jeep with a big V8. Am very happy with my Summit with it's dinky V6.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E
2011 Chrysler 300 Limited
kmag53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #10
pjkatz04
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 670
For $60k u can get BOTH a Laredo x w 5.7 (35k) and a Subaru wrx (25k). Wtf are they thinking over there.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2002 4.7, Selec-Trac, K&N FIPK II, JetChip Stage 1.
pjkatz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
smonakey
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13
Bought a used one!

My husband just bought a used 2010 SRT8. He had wanted a new one after I got my Summit - until the pricing got updated to the new $60K+ range. Jeep's line on the new pricing is that the new SRT8 competes with the X5, Cayenne & other luxury SUVs. I can't imagine that anyone looking to buy a Cayenne is going to look at the Jeep, though. We just got the 2010 last week & haven't had a chance to play with it, but he likes what little he has experienced.
smonakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
pjkatz04
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonakey
My husband just bought a used 2010 SRT8. He had wanted a new one after I got my Summit - until the pricing got updated to the new $60K+ range. Jeep's line on the new pricing is that the new SRT8 competes with the X5, Cayenne & other luxury SUVs. I can't imagine that anyone looking to buy a Cayenne is going to look at the Jeep, though. We just got the 2010 last week & haven't had a chance to play with it, but he likes what little he has experienced.
Good choice on 2010 srt8. Yea totally...no one legitimately buying a cayenne is looking at a jeep. They got this all backwards at fiat (Chrysler).

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2002 4.7, Selec-Trac, K&N FIPK II, JetChip Stage 1.
pjkatz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
Ungerer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glenden, Queensland
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkatz04

Good choice on 2010 srt8. Yea totally...no one legitimately buying a cayenne is looking at a jeep. They got this all backwards at fiat (Chrysler).

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I had a look around oz and you would pay around $80,000 for a 2010 str 8 GC in oz So $60,000 is low for us lol
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
pjkatz04
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 670
Crazy. Buy here and import---it'll still be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2002 4.7, Selec-Trac, K&N FIPK II, JetChip Stage 1.
pjkatz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
guarnibl
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkatz04
Crazy. Buy here and import---it'll still be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Until he has to pay the 30% gst on it
__________________
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (6mt) (in progress)
- 42x14.50 MTR's, Custom Cage, FF D60's F/R w/ ARB's and 5.38's, 4 Link Rear, 3 Link Front, 14" RR King 2.5's, 18" RR Fox 2.5's, Fox Air Bumps
- 108" wheel base
guarnibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.