Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sprint booster

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Kman09JGC 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have one on my 09 gen2 4.7. It made a huge difference in throttle response. Completely eliminated throttle lag. Throttle response on the 09 4.7's are horrible. Going to put one on my15 altitude sprintbooster should work well with the 8sd. They are pricey but well worth it.

#3 ·
They are basically snake oil on the more modern engines. Your $ will go to better use with a tuner, but that may not help enough. There have been several discussion threads.

Edit, a few discussions. Consensus seems to be it doesn't help.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/anyone-sprintbooster-1311303/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/throttle-response-1329743/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/throttle-lag-2014-grand-cherokee-2049745/index2.html

Sprint booster is one of those companies, I think, where employees post up wonderful results on forums and review sites.

#5 ·
I had one on my 07 Tahoe,for about 8 years and it worked well, and eliminated drive by wire lag. I always used it in "red" mode. But as of last year it would throw a CEL and reduce engine power, after a good rain. I think the contacts may have gotten some kind of corrosion/interference. I would clean it and it will be good for a while then eventually throw a CEL again. But once I removed it, all was good. I emailed Sprint Booster to see if it could be repaired by them but they never got back to me after a few emails.

But on my 14 JGC Hemi, I feel that the drive by wire lag is very little, so much so that I don't have any complaints about the lag. It goes when I get on that pedal.

#6 ·
Sprintbooster works! I have on the race setting. Granted a programmer would be better. I put it on after I installed 91 perf tune and trans app. Virtually eliminated throttle lag. With that being said throttle response on my 15 altitude is better than my WK stock. I uninstalled tune and tried it was like night and day with it on. But WK's have horrible throttle lag and it made overall driving better. Just my 2 cents.

#8 ·
The sprintbooster seems to work better on 2000 vintage vehicles, not so much 2010 or newer vintage. But it just opens the throttle with less pedal movement, so it seems more responsive. Its a trick GM used to play to give one the seat of pants impression the engine has much more power than it does. The newer vintage throttle programing is more progressive, the quicker you stab the throttle the more the throttle opens. Both our 2011 and 2016 V8s have 0 throttle lag unless the transmission is downshifting, in fact our 2016 is perhaps too touchy (has 8 speed) :)

#11 ·
Jeff1119 said:
So I guess overall this is probably not worth getting? It's for a 3.6 v6 and il notice some lag sometimes when reving
I disagree I think it will help a lot. I think the have 30 day money back guarantee. Try it out and send it back if you don't like it. Like I said completely eliminated throttle lag on my 09 4.7. Anything drive by wire it will help.

#12 ·
Thats bad advice. Have you tried it on a 2014/2015 dual sensor system? If not, then how can you say in good conscience it will help? Do you know of anyone using these on a WK2 that didn't end up throwing them in the trash? The 2014/2015s are a lot different than your 09. The sprint booster and the dozens like them are worthless, not worth the return shipping.

#13 ·
Yes guy on another jeep forum I'm on has one on 15 grand Cherokee liked a lot so he put it on his wife's 15 Durango both 3.6's. I guess I'll know for sure when I get one on my 15 altitude. I don't think it's bad advice. I'm saying he should try it if he doesn't like it send it back that's all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.