Sourcing Mopar Rock Rails (stock shortage) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Sourcing Mopar Rock Rails (stock shortage)

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Sourcing Mopar Rock Rails (stock shortage)

I have been looking for a while, to get some rock rails onto my '12 GC Overland. I had an appointment scheduled in Colorado Springs - but then got a call back saying the rails are on back order. They wanted approximately $140 to ship the parts from another dealership (I think the weight is around 95 lbs) - I said no to that as the price was already high enough for my tastes.

So - the bad news. My local dealership I use for service says 34 of the rock rails are currently on back order. Mopar, JustforJeeps and Chrysler Parts Direct are all out of stock.

Just got off the phone with Chrysler Parts Direct (Danny), and he said there is at least a 5 week wait from time of order until delivery.

Price wise:

Mopar: ~ $850.00
JustforJeeps: ~$781.20
Chrysler Parts Direct: ~$677.04

If anyone on the forums happens to see this, I'd like to know if you can source any rails in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, or Kansas, so I can snag them. Otherwise the wait will be lengthy and there goes my potential Christmas present from my wife! I thought it was cool she wanted to get them for me so any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This totally sucks!

wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Bump to see if anyone has found any of the Mopar rock rails at local dealerships in the Rockies or nearby. Thanks for any help.

If I can't find any in the next 24 to 48 hours, I am ordering the RRO's instead.
Unread 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

patience

I would wait and go with the Mopar. They are best out there.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Thanks Dave, I really want to wait - but patience is not my greatest virtue! Plus it is a Christmas gift from my wife, so I would like her to see the results of her gift, instead of ordering and waiting for I have no idea how long to get the rails.
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
wxchaser

2014 WK 

I spoke with Jeep today, Mopar rock rails are still back ordered. Not sure if I order some, how long it will actually take to have some in hand.

They also said only 9 dealerships nationwide have any stock, mostly in California or New York. So too cost prohibitive to ship from somewhere else.
Unread 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
JMP8562

Chrysler Parts Direct: ~$677.04
I would love to buy them for that price ? do you have the link for that price
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
BWidget
2011 WK 

I ordered the Mopar rock rails from my dealer on Nov. 13th. and they had to special order them since there were none around locally. It took about three weeks before they arrived. Once they arrived not all of the pieces were there and it was missing the instructions. I am still waiting on the remaining parts from my dealer.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, Hemi, Off Road II Package
<Sold> 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport, 4" Pro-Comp lift, 33" BFG M/T
BWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Alaska-HWY JK

You can get the instructions online. Good luck with the install. Take your time.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
McCombLV
2012 WK 

I've talked to some local fabrication shops in my area and they all agree they can be made nicer and cheaper custom made. I've been quoted between $300-700 installed. Just waiting till after the holidays to decide on what I'm doing.
McCombLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCombLV View Post
I've talked to some local fabrication shops in my area and they all agree they can be made nicer and cheaper custom made. I've been quoted between $300-700 installed. Just waiting till after the holidays to decide on what I'm doing.
Good luck with that, I can't imagine a one off being cheaper and fitting better. Post pics when they're done.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #11
JMP8562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Good luck with that, I can't imagine a one off being cheaper and fitting better. Post pics when they're done.
. X2
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
Jason911
2008 WK 

Just a thought - and I am not yet a WK2 owner,driving a '08 WK CRD (take my comments with a grain of salt) - but if the original post in the thread is referring to the Mopar rock rails 82212157, has there been any consideration to instead getting a set off of the production Trailhawk? Might easier to source….
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
JMP8562

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCombLV View Post
did you get a custom set made
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #14
Deadserial

I think a guy here in my town is selling a set on craigslist, I'll look again
Deadserial is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.