Some annoying issues with my 2011 WK2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Some annoying issues with my 2011 WK2

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
emb531

Some annoying issues with my 2011 WK2

Hello, first post here but been reading a lot in the last few months. Used the site to research issues with my 2004 WJ, ended up having so many that I traded it in for a 2011 WK2.

Since I have had it for a few weeks now, been having a couple annoying issues with it, looking for some advice or insight.

It is just the base model Laredo, no extra options or features that I know of.

First annoyance is that when I start the vehicle with the heat turned on, the A/C button always turns itself on. Doesn't matter how high the fan is set or the temperature, the A/C light will always be on. I don't understand why it is defaulting to be on, is there anyway to change it?

Also an issue with the heat, there is an annoying "clicking" type sound coming from the passenger side under the glove box when the fan is on. Higher fan speeds drown out the noise, but anything less than half I can hear it. I've read that some stickers can come loose and somehow end up sitting on the fan blades? I also read the TSB about changing out the AC lines, but that seems unrelated.

Also a small bit of water is making it onto the inside of the back window, running dowin in a stream from the middle of the top of the window. Appears to be a small gap in the weather seal, any ideas to plug it up?

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions

emb531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
kkreit01

1. Is it an auto-climate system, or manual. Do you have the defrost on? I always control my "auto" system in manual mode. That way I can say when the A/C compressor is on.

2. Don't know? You'd probably have to open up/drop the fan. I haven't looks how easy this job is. I know it's easy on my Ram.

3. I know others have had this problem. I'd search both sites for fixes. You may need a new weather strip.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
Dabitz

I read somewhere that the A/C button is on because it functions as a dehumidifier while the heat is on (or something like that). I don't bother turning it off anymore and no issues.

The noise under the glove box is the blower motor. Mine was making noise so I picked one (OEM) up from Ebay for $92 shipped. It's very easy to swap, you don't even have to remove the glove box. Just remove the bottom liner, unplug the harness and remove 3 screws that hold it in place. A Mercedes mechanic friend of mine said these blowers tend to rust due to water coming in from the outside. The center bolt on mine was definitively rusty. It's very quiet now, I guess until it rusts again.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
midnightrambler
2012 WK 

I have the same manual climate control on my '12 Laredo, and I've noticed that if one of the buttons with the window symbol is pressed, it puts the system into defog mode (i.e. with A/C on) to clear the windows faster.

If you press one of the buttons for footwell or dash vents only, and switch the A/C off, it will stay off when re-starting.

As for the rear window seal, I haven't had that problem, but I have fixed weatherstrips on other vehicles with a dab of Automotive Goop (in black). Edit: today was wet and I did notice one small drip of water on the inside of the back flip glass. I opened it and I see there are trim pieces at the top that have about a 1/8" gap and so when they contact the weather strip there's a small gap where water could enter. Easy fix with a dab of silicone on the trim I think.
midnightrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.