Skid Plate Discussion - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
hobbie1
2015 WK 

Skid Plate Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentwoodBob View Post
I also got the Diesel and this is my first Jeep and so far I love it,but only 1100 miles on it. I can't wait to go up north take on some light duty back roads. We do a lot of traveling in the Redding and Lake Almanor area so there are plenty of trails.
Yup we usually take our Cummins RAM - last year we hit Burney and Lassen. Probably do more time in the Jeep this year. You'll love the eco diesel. Best part is going down to Quick Stop for some of that $2.15 / gallon fill up.

Going off road - If you do not have the skid plate package you may want to look into this shield to protect your def system.

http://shieldproductions.com/product...ep-models.html

I did mine - had to remove the little shield Jeep created to get this full length shield in place. My son the mechanic installed it for me - took him about 30 minutes.

We almost got the HA which actually has a little nicer euro like control feel over the Summit but in the end the Grand Canyon Brown Summit interior with the California Platium package sealed the deal.

Like I said best Jeep we have ever owned.

15 Summit 4X4 Eco Diesel
14 RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4 Laramie CC
13 Mustang GT
66 Mustang Cp - 306 5sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 AM
BrentwoodBob

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbie1 View Post
Yup we usually take our Cummins RAM - last year we hit Burney and Lassen. Probably do more time in the Jeep this year. You'll love the eco diesel. Best part is going down to Quick Stop for some of that $2.15 / gallon fill up.

Going off road - If you do not have the skid plate package you may want to look into this shield to protect your def system.

http://shieldproductions.com/product...ep-models.html

I did mine - had to remove the little shield Jeep created to get this full length shield in place. My son the mechanic installed it for me - took him about 30 minutes.

We almost got the HA which actually has a little nicer euro like control feel over the Summit but in the end the Grand Canyon Brown Summit interior with the California Platium package sealed the deal.

Like I said best Jeep we have ever owned.
Thanks for the info. Do you know or have any idea on who has and would install skids plates. I see several selling all of the various skid plates online but I don't know who to go to to have them installed.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
hobbie1
2015 WK 

Skid Plate Discussion

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know or have any idea on who has and would install skids plates. I see several selling all of the various skid plates online but I don't know who to go to to have them installed.
My son should be able to do it - He is a mechanic over at Napa Auto service in Antioch - the shop is right behind the Napa Auto store in Antioch next to highway 4 just pass the Hillcrest exit on the north side of the freeway. Not sure what they would charge - he did my shield.

I'm also planning on ordering a set of skid plates.

You can order the skid plates on eBay - shop for the best price from a Jeep dealer.

Did you ask the dealer for a price?

15 Summit 4X4 Eco Diesel
13 Mustang GT
66 Mustang Cp - 306 5sp
post #4 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 01:09 AM
BrentwoodBob

Garage
Quote:
My son should be able to do it - He is a mechanic over at Napa Auto service in Antioch - the shop is right behind the Napa Auto store in Antioch next to highway 4 just pass the Hillcrest exit on the north side of the freeway. Not sure what they would charge - he did my shield.

I'm also planning on ordering a set of skid plates.

You can order the skid plates on eBay - shop for the best price from a Jeep dealer.

Did you ask the dealer for a price?
No I haven't, I think the plates on mine now are plastic and Would like to replace them and but all of the plates that should go on. I'm not sure on how many that is. I really want the underside as protected as possible.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 08:01 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There are four plates in the accessory catalog. Front oil pan, transfer case and a pair of fuel tanks. forum sponsors like moparonlineparts.com would give you the best prices, but these are heavy and shipping is steep. You may be able to pick them up at your local dealer for less money.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #6 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
hobbie1
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
There are four plates in the accessory catalog. Front oil pan, transfer case and a pair of fuel tanks. forum sponsors like moparonlineparts.com would give you the best prices, but these are heavy and shipping is steep. You may be able to pick them up at your local dealer for less money.
Do you happen to know the part # for the transfer case skid plate on a Eco Diesel?

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

15 Summit 4X4 Eco Diesel
13 Mustang GT
66 Mustang Cp - 306 5sp
post #7 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I don't think there is any difference between engines. 82211994AB

http://moparonlineparts.com/jeep-gra...ate-p-871.html

They will compare the part with your VIN and double check fitment.

post #8 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
hobbie1
2015 WK 

Hi Guys for us owners in east Contra Costa County I got a price on the plates from Jeep in Antioch. I spoke to Walter in parts and mentioned I was shopping online. He came up with the following:

Front Plate - $154.40
Gas Tank rear - $180.00
Transfer case - system says for gas only - $80.81

Seems the transfer case is only for gas engines but as I recall there is an oval piece of metal you remove and the plate fits. It seems like there should be a part as you can order skid plates if you build out the Jeep. I'm going to look at the transfer case and see how exposed it is. I really want the tank and the front end protected. Along with the DEF shield I installed I should be good to go.

Just wondering if I should add the rear stabilizer bar from the SRT? Seems like the front will do little to improve the ride.

Day 2 on the Pirellis I mentioned in a earlier post that were installed yesterday - they are excellent.... none of the issues that I was having with the Michelins have surfaced.

15 Summit 4X4 Eco Diesel
13 Mustang GT
66 Mustang Cp - 306 5sp
post #9 of 13 Old 04-13-2016, 09:12 PM
BrentwoodBob

Garage
Quote:
Hi Guys for us owners in east Contra Costa County I got a price on the plates from Jeep in Antioch. I spoke to Walter in parts and mentioned I was shopping online. He came up with the following:

Front Plate - $154.40
Gas Tank rear - $180.00
Transfer case - system says for gas only - $80.81

Seems the transfer case is only for gas engines but as I recall there is an oval piece of metal you remove and the plate fits. It seems like there should be a part as you can order skid plates if you build out the Jeep. I'm going to look at the transfer case and see how exposed it is. I really want the tank and the front end protected. Along with the DEF shield I installed I should be good to go.

Just wondering if I should add the rear stabilizer bar from the SRT? Seems like the front will do little to improve the ride.

Day 2 on the Pirellis I mentioned in a earlier post that were installed yesterday - they are excellent.... none of the issues that I was having with the Michelins have surfaced.
Good info to know. Still in search of someone to install and give me other ideas. I talked to Joe at The 4x4 Shop in livermore and he is going to get back to me. I think they deal with Rocky Road Outfitters, so that might the direction I'm headed. I will get the DEF shield as well.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-14-2016, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
hobbie1
2015 WK 

Quote:
Good info to know. Still in search of someone to install and give me other ideas. I talked to Joe at The 4x4 Shop in livermore and he is going to get back to me. I think they deal with Rocky Road Outfitters, so that might the direction I'm headed. I will get the DEF shield as well.
Please post when you get more info from Livermore. I'm waiting on ordering mine. I will probably go OEM.
post #11 of 13 Old 04-18-2016, 03:21 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Skid Plate Discussion

These posts were moved from wheel/tire thread to this thread.

post #12 of 13 Old 04-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Monarchco
2012 WK 

there are 5 oem plates.

2 fuel tank plates, 2 plates in the transfer case package, and the front axle plate. There is also an alternate version of the transmission skid plate for diesel models(another pair).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-21-2016, 05:38 PM
BrentwoodBob

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbie1
Please post when you get more info from Livermore. I'm waiting on ordering mine. I will probably go OEM.
Well I ordered the 3 plates from Shield Productions, sump,transmission and the full Def plate. Also ordered the 2 fuel take plates and a set of super sliders from Rocky Road Outfitters. The guy in Livermore was about the same price as the guys in Brentwood at Extreme Motorsports about $600 or so. I really would do it myself but my body won't allow it at this time.

2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Diesel 4x4 Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.