Signed contract for 14 GC Altitude :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Signed contract for 14 GC Altitude :)

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Racer83L
2014 WK 

Signed contract for 14 GC Altitude :)

as the title states, yesterday I signed a contract for the 2014 GC Altitude.. I am damn excited. It is already in transit to the dealer and is scheduled to arrive 3/31. I got white exterior/black interior with the typical Altitude upgrades suede/leather seats, blacked out wheels/lights/emblems etc.

I was in love with the Altitude for the original WK2 but wanted the 8 speed transmission, so I sat and wait what seemed forever until these popped up

Unread 03-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Nice
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
Zhenya
2014 WK 

Congrats!
Post pictures as soon as you get it
Zhenya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
Racer83L
2014 WK 

Of course it came in early, and too late in the day to pick up this weekend... (My insurance broker is closed on weekends.) but here she is.. Poor quality night photos but whatever, I was excited..

A few observations, The interior trim (wood) is black and doesnt feel like its actually made of wood, front bumper, the lower portion of the bumper that is black, is actually painted black and is extremely glossy, the tailights, the section surrounding the reverse light is actually a dark silver sort of color (I thought it was going to be blacked out), the wheels and tires are the exact ones that come on the Summit but the wheels are painted black, the Suede/leather interior is perforated and very nice looking and feeling. I am real excited for the Jeep, I was looking around for replacement tires that are more of an all-terrain tread and it doesnt seem thery make anything in a direct replacement size. Also, I already have tow hooks and skid plates on order from an online store.

Unread 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
DRKRED12

Looks great. Does your state require a front tag or did your dealer screw up and mount a dealer advertisement front tag ?
DRKRED12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
SouthDakota
Jeep Owner Since 2006

2014 WK 

Very nice. You'll love it. We just got our 2014 Limited, and are loving every moment of driving it.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer83L View Post
the wheels and tires are the exact ones that come on the Summit but the wheels are painted black
Those same wheels are also available on the Overland and Limited, but not painted black. The previous Altitude had a unique black wheel to the Jeep brand, although it was available on some Durango models, in silver.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Nice! Congratulations! Makes me want to trade my 2012 altitude in now...
FranksWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Zhenya
2014 WK 

Looks amazing, this is what I wanted to get, but I preferred the things that come with limited plus lux2 package. I'm in the process of converting mine to look similar to an Altitude
Zhenya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
phil385
2014 WK 

Great looking Jeep! Gotta love those whites -- the Grand Cherokee really does look good in white it helps show off its curves
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
Bentwrench
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKRED12 View Post
Looks great. Does your state require a front tag or did your dealer screw up and mount a dealer advertisement front tag ?
Oh I know what you mean. KY does not require a front tag but one mega, multi line conglomerate dealer network here put one on every car... and charge you for it!

Oh yeah, perf leather!

Black painted lower valance; bummer. Should have just left them body color.

Black wood? Please. Think they ALL could use a carbon fiber film job.
Bentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
ColnagoM10s
2014 WK 

Congratulations. Very nice ride. Enjoy!
ColnagoM10s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Racer83L
2014 WK 

Thanks for the positive remarks. Yes the persons speaking of the overland is correct, my mistake. I have been out of the grand Cherokee loop for a while.. I do have a 1994 Laredo 5.2 with less than 100k on the clock. I'm waiting to take a photos of 20 years of Grand Cherokee Heritage together and hopefully Jeep will post it on their Facebook page.. My 1994 is really one of a kind it's fully loaded and in perfect condition. (Looks as good as the 1993 Jeep keeps in their Jefferson North plant) but it has been a daily driver on Long Island, NY in snow and obviously salt for 20 years and is in like new condition.
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
Ken-G
2014 WK 

Those are the old Summit wheels, not the 2014 wheels. Sorry about the color I took the photo with a setting sun and caught all of the orange light.

Ken-G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwrench View Post
Oh I know what you mean. KY does not require a front tag but one mega, multi line conglomerate dealer network here put one on every car... and charge you for it!

Oh yeah, perf leather!

Black painted lower valance; bummer. Should have just left them body color.

Black wood? Please. Think they ALL could use a carbon fiber film job.
Would of refused. they basically ruined the front end of your wk2

Im in KY and refused 2 SRT's because they had front plates and that stupid dealer badge on the back
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.