Side mirrors when going in reverse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Side mirrors when going in reverse

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
KuroHouou

Side mirrors when going in reverse

I have a brand new 2012 Overland Summit and the mirrors are supposed to tilt down when I put it in reverse. The problem is only the driver side does this.. Are both supposed to tilt down? Anyone know a possible fix. I tried turning the function on and off a few times with no luck. And the passenger side I think is the most important to actually tilt down. I can stick my head out the window to see the driver side

So, are both supposed to tilt down?

KuroHouou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
KuroHouou

Guess ill answer my own question.

1. Yes it supposed to tilt down both mirrors.
2. I am not sure what I did to fix it but I turned the system on and off a couple more times. Tried adjusting the passenger side down, turning it off then back on. Moved it up and off then back on again. Then all of a sudden it started working. At first it wouldn't put them both back up properly, but I adjusted them to where I wanted them to be when up. Then it lowered and raised them properly. Yeah! Glad I didn't have to take it in.
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
BuckeyeWK2

I thought I would love this feature. I turned it off because I thought the mirrors tilted too low.
I am glad you figured it out.
BuckeyeWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
KuroHouou

I've got some tight parking spots at my apartment and work so it really comes in handy to see the lines in the ground for me. I like the feature, my m3 did it only on the passenger side so I'm glad jeep does it on both sides. Just wish they actually gave us power folding mirrors like the rest of the world gets.. Not a big deal though.
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
smonakey
2011 WK 

That's not a 2011 option, is it? My mirrors don't do that. Not that it's the end of the world for me. I'm loving that rear camera - don't know how I managed before!
smonakey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
KuroHouou

Depends on which model you got, I think I read its only on cars with memory seats.. not sure exactly though.
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
kmag53

I like to use my mirrors when backing so I turn the feature off. It is handy though for curb parking but otherwise I leave the thing off. Also the backup camera is something that once you get used to it...it is hard to be without. My Wrangler obviously doesn't have that feature which I miss everytime I back it up and don't have a camera.
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
Ungerer

My limited 70th has it ,but I don't like it ;(
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
peckmv

Didn't know this was a feature. Have a 2012 Overland and never noticed either mirror moving when backing. I'll have to check it out this afternoon.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
peckmv

Checked it and neither mirror moves. I guess its not included on the Overland.
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
LS1_DOC
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You can turn that feature on or off through the evic controls using the steering wheel.
LS1_DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckmv
Checked it and neither mirror moves. I guess its not included on the Overland.
Is it on all GC keeps
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #13
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1_DOC View Post
You can turn that feature on or off through the evic controls using the steering wheel.
Went through the EVIC and found no mirror function option. Usually the factory has all the features working and the customer turns them on or off. At least that what I thought. I guess its not a feature on mine. Maybe it only on the summit.
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #14
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckmv

Went through the EVIC and found no mirror function option. Usually the factory has all the features working and the customer turns them on or off. At least that what I thought. I guess its not a feature on mine. Maybe it only on the summit.
No it is in the features ,I had to turn it on .but I did not like it ! it's with your lights , wipers & door locks lol
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #15
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
No it is in the features ,I had to turn it on .but I did not like it ! it's with your lights , wipers & door locks lol
I'll check it again. I could have missed it the first time I went through the EVIC. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.