Should I have gotten an Owner's Manual with my new Jeep GC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Should I have gotten an Owner's Manual with my new Jeep GC?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
flyjetz
2014 WK 

Should I have gotten an Owner's Manual with my new Jeep GC?

Hi! We drove home a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland last night. When I got home, I noticed there was no manual in the glove compartment. Is this normal, or should I call the dealer?

flyjetz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
b-kul
2011 WK 

I didn't get a manual either, just a generic booklet about 50 pages in length that ran though some basic features common to all models. I did also receive a CD though, I'm guessing the manual is on that.
b-kul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pretty sure it should've come with one. Before you call the dealer check again. When you open the glove box there's a shelf up high that you don't see sitting in the seat. It's specifically for the manual. It's pretty easy to miss and they may have put it up there for you already.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
flyjetz
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosvt View Post
Pretty sure it should've come with one. Before you call the dealer check again. When you open the glove box there's a shelf up high that you don't see sitting in the seat. It's specifically for the manual. It's pretty easy to miss and they may have put it up there for you already.
BINGO!! Found the manual and the DVD right where you described it. Thanks so much!!

flyjetz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

PUBLICATIONS ORDERING
• If you are the first registered retail owner of your vehicle, you may obtain one free
printed copy of the Owner's Manual, Warranty Booklet or Radio Manuals on your
DVD by calling 1–877–426–5337 (U.S.) or 1–800–387–1143 (Canada) or by
contacting your dealer.
• Replacement User Guide kits or DVDs or, if you prefer, additional printed copies
of the Owner's Manual, Warranty Booklet or Radio Manuals may be purchased by
visiting www.techauthority.com or by calling 1–877–890–4038 (U.S.) or 1–800–
387–1143 (Canada). Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover orders are
accepted. If you prefer mailing your order, please call the above numbers for an
order form
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #6
Rdrakea
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjetz View Post
BINGO!! Found the manual and the DVD right where you described it. Thanks so much!!

They don't come with the full manual. see post above mine... these instructions are included in what you found if you'd like a full copy of the printed manuals.
Unread 06-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Jeep.com there us a tab owner and service manuals, free PDF owners manuals
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
R1200RT
2014 WK 

I ordered the paper manuals and got them yesterday - took less than two weeks. You get a warranty booklet, Uconnect Manual (385 pages) and a 673 page GC Owner's manual (all English). If you stack them they're the size of a brick.
R1200RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #9
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjetz View Post
Hi! We drove home a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland last night. When I got home, I noticed there was no manual in the glove compartment. Is this normal, or should I call the dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
PUBLICATIONS ORDERING
• If you are the first registered retail owner of your vehicle, you may obtain one free printed copy of the Owner's Manual, Warranty Booklet or Radio Manuals on your DVD by calling 1–877–426–5337 (U.S.) or 1–800–387–1143 (Canada) or by contacting your dealer.
It's normal. There is no paper Owner Manual. It's on the DVD. There is a User Guide that covers most of the basics. It's probably simplest to call 1–877–426–5337 rather than your dealer, who will have to request it. Dealers don't stock Owner Manuals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.