Sheepskin Covers & Mats for 2014 Overland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Sheepskin Covers & Mats for 2014 Overland

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Charski9

Sheepskin Covers & Mats for 2014 Overland

Can anyone recommend a sheepskin seat cover that is universal and fits the 2014 JGC Overland? I am looking for something like they used to sell at Costco off the shelf that slips right on yet allows for the air bags to work. Costco currently sells a partial cover; I want something that covers the whole seat and headrest.

I am also looking to find clear mats that are not real bulky but protect the front and rear floors. Again something universal that fits snug off the shelf.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Charski9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Don't forget fuzzy dice for the mirror, and faux fur for the dash.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
jacko15
2014 WK 

Don't use your heated seats with those covers.
jacko15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
2kg4u
2014 WK 

And forget about seat ventilation.
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Charski9

It sounds like folks are suggesting to keep the seats as is - no covers needed.... I live in Los Angeles so heated seats are not needed here. Is there another concern - are sheepskins old fashion?
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
MrBreeze

When I think of them I think of Miami Vice. I have not seen a car with them in years. The was a company back then called Beverly hills motoring not sure they are still around but they sold them.
MrBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski9 View Post
It sounds like folks are suggesting to keep the seats as is - no covers needed.... I live in Los Angeles so heated seats are not needed here. Is there another concern - are sheepskins old fashion?
You paid a lot of money to have a vehicle with premium leather seating surfaces ... why would you want to cover that up. Also, your front seats are ventilated to cool your tushy in hot weather (like Los Angeles). Putting seat covers on would negate that system. If you want to put a nice set of mats in your car to protect the carpet, get the Mopar slush mats or a set from Weathertek. I just put a set of Mopar slush mats into my 2014 JGC for $140, including fronts, rears, and cargo compartment, and they fit nicely and IMHO look good.

Upgrades you purchase for your car should enhance its appearance, not turn it ghetto. Everyone's tastes are different, but IMO sheepskin covers and universal fit clear mats are ghetto.
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Sheepskin seat covers

I have sources for sheepskins but cost is going to be up there and you will have to fabricate straps to secure to the seat.

I prefer Rugged Ridge mats to Weathertechs, Mopar and Husky since they cover more area and hold up to work boots and mud and sheep crap.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
jacko15
2014 WK 

I'd have to disagree about the coverage. The Husky Weatherbeaters cover way more than the Rugged Ridge.
h.w.b..jpg

r.r..jpg

jacko15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Oh no ... another thread where everyone will start chiming in on what the best slush mats are. My point was, no matter what brand you choose, go with a custom fit set of mats, not some universal fit. You aren't a farmer, and you don't drive in snow and slush, so it really doesn't matter which one performs the best. Get the least expensive ones that fits your Jeep.
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
philbytx
2014 WK 

Don't bother with sheepskins...

We have sheepskin covers in our Subaru Forester LL Bean, which has leather seating but only has heated seats. Therefore, the sheepskins are great in the summer and also work well with the heated seats.

However, in your JGC Overland, they will definitely negate your front ventilated seats. We have ventilated seats in our Kia Optima and they are great in Texas summers!
philbytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #12
Charski9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kg4u View Post
You paid a lot of money to have a vehicle with premium leather seating surfaces ... why would you want to cover that up. Also, your front seats are ventilated to cool your tushy in hot weather (like Los Angeles). Putting seat covers on would negate that system. If you want to put a nice set of mats in your car to protect the carpet, get the Mopar slush mats or a set from Weathertek. I just put a set of Mopar slush mats into my 2014 JGC for $140, including fronts, rears, and cargo compartment, and they fit nicely and IMHO look good.

Upgrades you purchase for your car should enhance its appearance, not turn it ghetto. Everyone's tastes are different, but IMO sheepskin covers and universal fit clear mats are ghetto.
Okay - after reading all the posts I get it; sheepskins are cheap-skins not chic-skins, I appreciate that now. I will leave the beautiful piped leather seats open for display and ventilation. I will also get the Mopar mats designed for the car to keep with the Jeep spirit.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me out of the streets on this!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.