Settings in Uconnect not staying set? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Settings in Uconnect not staying set?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 04-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
smhjeep

Question Settings in Uconnect not staying set?

Hi guys - just brought home a 2014 JGC Limited this week and for the most part very happy, no issues - but when I try and change any of the settings in the touchscreen (for example, turning off the heated seats on start) - I can make the change by checking or unchecking the checkbox, but if I wait a couple seconds, it will revert on its own (either rechecking or removing the check mark).

I am doing this in Acc mode with the car off.

Am I missing something, or is this a gremlin? I have tried making the change then going back in the menu before it changes back, but even then when I go back into the setting, it has changed itself back to the default.

I have dug into the owners manual and searched online but can't find anything. Help is appreciated!

smhjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
phil385
2014 WK 

Try it with the engine running. For some reason it doesn't like to accept changes when you are just in ACC mode with the engine off. Try it I bet it will work with the engine on.
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
smhjeep

That did the trick - thank you!
smhjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
cjb
2014 WK 

Try reflashing the unit with the latest code... Won't hurt, also some fixes in XM audio quality. Its pretty easy to down the file form the Uconnect site to a flash drive. Instructions are straight forward
cjb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
chowner
2014 WK 

When I start mine If I press the button on the first screen for the heated seat to the low setting. It will always change to high once its finished booting.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.