SERVICE BULLETIN 24-002-12 - 2012/13 WK-A/C Does not Activate While In Remote Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN 24-002-12 - 2012/13 WK-A/C Does not Activate While In Remote Start

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
JeepCares

SERVICE BULLETIN 24-002-12 - 2012/13 WK-A/C Does not Activate While In Remote Start

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 24-002-12
GROUP: Heating & Air Conditioning
DATE: October 25, 2012

MODELS:
2012 - 2013 (WK) Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Air Conditioning ATC with Dual Zone Control (Sales Code HAF) or ATC with 3 Zone Temperature
Control (HAH) built between January 16, 2012 (MDH 0116XX) and August 8,
2012 (MDH 0808XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may indicate that the A/C will not work when the vehicle is started using their remote start feature.
DIAGNOSIS:
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH™) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all other A/C functions operate as designed. If DTC's are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the above condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Thanks Lee
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
JeepCares

I feel bad because I think someone mentioned he had this problem, but I can't find the post. Hope he sees this.
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
eibyer

Finally! Thanks
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Hey Lee, What's the actual Repair Procedure?
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
newtoncd8
2012 WK 

I am not Lee, but here you go:

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application for flashing a ATC is made available through the wiTECH Diagnostic Application. For instructions select the “HELP” tab on upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen were help topics can be selected.
2. Clear any DTC's that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them.
3. Cycle the ignition switch.
newtoncd8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Sounds like its a software update (so called reflash)
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
JeepCares

newtoncd8 and ColdCase both have it right
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
eibyer

I apologize for reviving an old thread. It's almost summer again and it's time to get this addressed at the dealer. This TSB only mentions HAF and HAH sales code, what about us with the HAD (manual temp control)?
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibyer View Post
I apologize for reviving an old thread. It's almost summer again and it's time to get this addressed at the dealer. This TSB only mentions HAF and HAH sales code, what about us with the HAD (manual temp control)?
Sorry SOL (just kidding). I don't think the HAD has been addressed. Perhaps Lee or someone else can help you.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.