Service Bulletin 21-006-13 '09-'12 WK/'09-'10 XK 5.7L FLASH: Transmission - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Service Bulletin 21-006-13 '09-'12 WK/'09-'10 XK 5.7L FLASH: Transmission

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #31
xjrguy
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
do you think your 0-60 times have come down?
No but I will bet 15 to 60 is an improvement vs. pre TSB.

xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #32
biker2k
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: huntington, ny
Posts: 107
can't wait....
will find out when I get back I guess...
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #33
poomobile
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: , Canada
Posts: 33
Brought my 11 Hemi Overland in and they said the bulletin didn't apply to my vehicle. No idea why....
poomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
Tieva
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 5
I had the TSB flash done yesterday. I needed to show the service guy the TSB because they were unaware of any transmission issues (Duh!). The whole process took over 90 minutes (even though the TSB says it's a 20-minute flash). The tech said it took so long because there are seven stages that need to be erased and then re-programmed. Anyway, it got done. The difference is noticeable.....the WK now knows what gear it should be in at various speeds. It no longer has that "missing gear" problem (although that's probably why they went to a ZF 8-speed for MY14). The TSB also said the techie was supposed to place a new sticker by the vehicle emissions sticker under the hood stating the flash was an authorized modification (for warranty purposes). When I got home and looked under the hood.....there was no sticker. Maybe you'll have better luck. Anyway, get the PCM flash done; it makes a difference.
Tieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #35
omar0022
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieva
I had the TSB flash done yesterday. I needed to show the service guy the TSB because they were unaware of any transmission issues (Duh!). The whole process took over 90 minutes (even though the TSB says it's a 20-minute flash). The tech said it took so long because there are seven stages that need to be erased and then re-programmed. Anyway, it got done. The difference is noticeable.....the WK now knows what gear it should be in at various speeds. It no longer has that "missing gear" problem (although that's probably why they went to a ZF 8-speed for MY14). The TSB also said the techie was supposed to place a new sticker by the vehicle emissions sticker under the hood stating the flash was an authorized modification (for warranty purposes). When I got home and looked under the hood.....there was no sticker. Maybe you'll have better luck. Anyway, get the PCM flash done; it makes a difference.
I checked mine as well for the sticker and nothing was listed. Just make sure to keep the paperwork that the work was performed.
omar0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
CIEGOS
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomobile View Post
Brought my 11 Hemi Overland in and they said the bulletin didn't apply to my vehicle. No idea why....
I also have a '11 hemi overland and the tsb does apply. As many have said i highly recommended it
CIEGOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
Eric_R
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 22
I had this done a few days ago, while I was getting the sunroof rattle fixed. This is a great update! I'm really impressed. The 2-3 shift doesn't suk anymore! Yea! The transmission seems much more confident in it's decisions. This is a major refinement!

Thanks for posting this! I wish Jeep would've notified me about about this update. They did 3 other updates, for other things, while I was there. I would have never known about them.

Thanks again!
Eric
Eric_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 3,905
While I was in for the spark plug change, I had TSB 21-003-13 and TSB 21-006-13 done last week. I can also recommend them. Although the dealer could not notice the difference, I could right away and with 1000 miles on it, still working good. I no longer find myself routinely dropping to 5 or 4. The only time I've been dropping to 5 recently is to avoid the transmission hunting in and out of OD and MDS when in heavy traffic. I still like sport mode, but its not as much difference as before.

The other thing is the much better AC performance. The flash seems to have boosted the fan speed a bit, I always though the fans were weak. Works much better now.

No change to the occasional shudder, or the coasting vibration that recently developed. The bump on acceleration out of turns is less, but different, and not fully resolved. That never bothered me (its a Jeep), but I know its irritates some here.

This WK2 has always run well, just a little frustration with transmission operation. This flash would make a big improvement for those easily frustrated.
__________________
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6, 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #39
biker2k
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: huntington, ny
Posts: 107
well I had the tsb done as well as 21-003-13 (Flash: Drivetrain Control Module (DCTM) - Transfer Case Operational Enhancements) and the tsb for poor ac performance.
My truck drives better but not night and day like others have stated....I still get slipping like the converter is not locking up when it should, this happens under 30-50 percent throttle and is worse when warm out. since I asked them to do 3 software update at the same time and since my dealer is never does any thing right, I am wondering if the update was applied or done correctly..... tomorrow I am dropping my truck off for the loud noise heard when shifting from neutral to drive work done... here is my question

1: I have an in tune dcx tuner is there a way for me to check what software is installed in my truck...
2: is it possible this slipping will go away after this transmission work they are about to do...
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #40
ButchLathan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mars Hill, NC
Posts: 7
Fishbite fix delay, again

Here's part of an email I received from Chrysler today;

"We were told the update has an estimated release date now of first quarter of 2014.

We apologize for the delay and understand you have been waiting for this
to be completed. Once the proper update is available, you will be
contacted by your dealership to schedule an appointment to perform the
repair."
ButchLathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #41
JeepCares
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MOPAR World Headquarters, Chrysler Group LLC
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchLathan View Post
Here's part of an email I received from Chrysler today;

"We were told the update has an estimated release date now of first quarter of 2014.
That is correct. Note the word "estimated."
__________________
Lee
U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #42
TAWS600
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 216
I plan on getting this done tomorrow. There shouldn't be a charge for it correct? My vehicle is past 36,000 miles but still within the power train warranty. Thanks!
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #43
Myster
Registered User
2011 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Verdun, QC
Posts: 1
Bulletin 21-006-13 Reprogram PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibGrandCher View Post
Please post on wether this TSB helps your shudder issue.
I won't be going in for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance
I just got this reprogramming done yesterday; I was experiencing 2 to 3 second hesitation without power before motor would jump into "passing gear" on kick-down. Critical when you're expecting your Hemi to get you through the pass safely, but it's hesitating...
I would only experience this if it had not been used in a while - sort of like a wake up call to the jeep, because subsequent kick-downs during same travel worked normally. I'm hoping this will solve the issue. TBA
Myster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #44
LibGrandCher
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , Ontario
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster View Post

I just got this reprogramming done yesterday; I was experiencing 2 to 3 second hesitation without power before motor would jump into "passing gear" on kick-down. Critical when you're expecting your Hemi to get you through the pass safely, but it's hesitating...
I would only experience this if it had not been used in a while - sort of like a wake up call to the jeep, because subsequent kick-downs during same travel worked normally. I'm hoping this will solve the issue. TBA
I had my updates done as well. Funny enough the shudder is still there.
The Shudder really annoys me .
BTW , it's still there.... no fix.

The updates have however improved the transmission behavior. I didn't expect that but I'm happy with it.
I was so distracted by the Shudder that I didn't notice the hesitation you were getting.
So...hesitation is gone but now I wait for Shudder fix.
I also found a video of a dude with a WK2 pinning his gas pedal and getting no response for a second or so on a 2014 model.
Prolly same problem you were having.
Glad you got sorted out.
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #45
WKdeuce
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Malvern PA
Posts: 2,204
Interesting, I'll have to go get this done.
__________________
2011 5.7L WK2 | 5.3L TJ work in progress
Rust in Pieces Blue
JEEP FIEND CLUB
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.