Service Bulletin 21-006-13 '09-'12 WK/'09-'10 XK 5.7L FLASH: Transmission - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Service Bulletin 21-006-13 '09-'12 WK/'09-'10 XK 5.7L FLASH: Transmission

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy View Post
Ok I am out on a drive now on roads here in SoCal I drive every day.

All I can say is run don't walk to your dealer and get this TSB done if you have a 2012 WK2 with a V8.

If you ever had power train complaints before, this update fixes them!

More details when I get back home and can post from my computer vs phone.

Was so impressed I had to pull off the side of the road to update you guys.

More feedback after I return from my cruise on PCH.
Thank you. My 2012 WK2 with V8 has the symptoms this TSB sounds like it will fix. It never seems to know that I'm giving it gas when I need to accelerate. Today, down an on-ramp to the interstate I was going about 25 and it was making a droning noise and not accelerating like it needed it to, which is usual, and I usually down shift. Today I decided to just really give it some gas, and it did go but it took the rpms to 5500. It's like all or nothing. I'm going to have to get this TSB done. I just hope it doesn't cause any new problems. My biggest fear is the dreaded shudder or fish-bite which I don't have either of, but I would hope a TSB to fix things wouldn't cause any new problems, so probably safe to get it done. Good to hear results from those that have done it.

Thanks Lee / JeepCares

jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #17
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever View Post
Thank you. My 2012 WK2 with V8 has the symptoms this TSB sounds like it will fix. It never seems to know that I'm giving it gas when I need to accelerate. Today, down an on-ramp to the interstate I was going about 25 and it was making a droning noise and not accelerating like it needed it to, which is usual, and I usually down shift. Today I decided to just really give it some gas, and it did go but it took the rpms to 5500. It's like all or nothing. I'm going to have to get this TSB done. I just hope it doesn't cause any new problems. My biggest fear is the dreaded shudder or fish-bite which I don't have either of, but I would hope a TSB to fix things wouldn't cause any new problems, so probably safe to get it done. Good to hear results from those that have done it.

Thanks Lee / JeepCares

I had all of those problems and they were resolved by the TSB.

No shudder or fishbite (my vehicle has never exhibited that behavior)

It's like driving a different Jeep now.

The transmission is now competent and allows that wonderful Hemi "Eagle" engine to shine.

I drove 80 miles yesterday, traversing all the roads that previous to the TSB gave me fits due to the inconsistent and lazy shifting when slowing for lights or making turns.

The Jeep finally knows what gear to be in and the acceleration is just as it should be. No more feeling like I am in 5th gear when I should be in 2nd. It's almost like being in sport mode, but I am not.

Converter lockup is a lot more consistent too. The Jeep always felt great on the freeway, but on regular streets the shifting felt confused and lethargic.

No more. When I am slowing for a light that is red that suddenly turns green and I push the gas, the vehicle actually accelerates in the proper gear and doesn't sit there loafing waiting to downshift.

The upshifts are a lot more consistent and timed properly too.

Whoever wrote this firmware for the shift programming over there really deserves a raise/bonus. This is definitely the way this vehicle should have been delivered.

The TSB is a valentine from Jeep for owners of this model year. It completely resolves all the power train issues I had with the V8 and auto trans equipped in this WK2. I'm very impressed that they still support previous model years with these VERY useful software updates.

Definltely go get this update if you haven't already. You will be amazed at the drivability differences with your Grand Cherokee after it's applied.

It's definitely a different driving experience for me now. I am very pleased.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

I think this TSB has been out for a while and doesn't address Fish-bite or Shudder problems.

The Hemi has never had a problem with delivering power under heavy throttle input(that engine tosses the truck around like a mini).

The Fish-bite and Shudder occurs at cruising speeds(55 to 75 mph), its ever present with Cruise control or ACC.
I'm glad it works for you.

I'm having mine checked at next oil change but not holding my breath.

I think Ill be the happiest owner if this solves the problem.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for letting us know.
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hi

This TSB is brand new. No other bulletin addresses the 2012 transmission programming like this one.

Jeep has stated the fish bite and stuttering fix should be out in September.

This specific TSB I had done does not address that problem.

My 2012 does not exhibit any trans stuttering at any speed.

It did however exhibit all the symptoms explained in this new TSB, which cured all of them on my Jeep.

You no longer have to force 1st gear downshifts to get this thing to move.
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

I just called to schedule mine. The service guy said, 'i must warn you, we've done a lot of these recently and it may cause your 4x4 light to come on. They are working on a fix for this and it may be several weeks to get the 4x4 light fixed......' I'm getting it done anyway. I'm tired of the way this thing shifts. It goes in Monday for the flash.
HEMIjeep360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
omar0022
2012 WK 

I just had this TSB performed... And I also agree that I've also noticed the transmission is more responsive when more power is needed. So far no warning 4x4 light as someone mention.
omar0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #22
biker2k
2012 WK 

any one else had this done...
hoping for more glowing reviews...
can't wait to see for myself...( but I am leaving the country and wont be back for 2 weeks)
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #23
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

Had mine done yesterday. It down shifts to the proper gear MUCH better. I'm Very happy with it. Get it done.
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #24
biker2k
2012 WK 

does the truck feel "lighter" because the motor makes power the right way without having to down shift?
this is how my dad's Yukon feels compared to my truck even thigh his truck is heavier and make less power, it seems more alive an lighter than my truck because of how it runs...
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy View Post
Ok I am out on a drive now on roads here in SoCal I drive every day.

All I can say is run don't walk to your dealer and get this TSB done if you have a 2012 WK2 with a V8.

If you ever had power train complaints before, this update fixes them!

More details when I get back home and can post from my computer vs phone.

Was so impressed I had to pull off the side of the road to update you guys.

More feedback after I return from my cruise on PCH.
Good for u man.

Just went to my dealer here in Canada.
Service advisor looked at me like I had horns in my forehead.
She followed by saying the Transmission guy is on holiday for a week.

Ya, then up sold the "induction and tire rotation service".

Calling Chrysler Canada now.
Good luck to me.
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

The truck doesn't feel lighter, it just downshifts to the proper gear. It 'feels' better because its in the right gear. It also down shifts sooner when pulling hills too.
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #27
biker2k
2012 WK 

do you think your 0-60 times have come down?
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

I really doubt it. The flash identified the lack of downshifting when coming off of a rolling stop, and downshifting sooner when needing to pass or traverse an incline.

It doesn't do anything more than that. I'm glad i got it done because it doesn't feel like a slug anymore.
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
biker2k
2012 WK 

I thought that maybe it also locked the converter up sooner, sometimes mine actually feels like it's slipping?
I definitely know about the lack of power when coming to a stop and low speed maneuvering, it's almost impossible to do any spirited driving with this truck because the is either too little power or too much power but no sure way to control it....
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
I thought that maybe it also locked the converter up sooner, sometimes mine actually feels like it's slipping?
I definitely know about the lack of power when coming to a stop and low speed maneuvering, it's almost impossible to do any spirited driving with this truck because the is either too little power or too much power but no sure way to control it....
You will have a completely different opinion after you get this TSB done.

I'm still amazed how much better driving this thing is now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.