'SERV 4WD' beach driving issue fixed?? (TSB is in) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 'SERV 4WD' beach driving issue fixed?? (TSB is in)

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
RichWK2
2012 WK 

Driveline bump TSB 21-003-13

JeepCares,
Do you have any additional insight as to why my VIN did not show up in DealerConnect for TSB 21-003-13? My Jeep meets all the requirements listed in the TSB. I plan to take it into the dealership service department tomorrow morning and want to have my ducks in a row. Hopefully your inquisition into the matter resulted in a DealerConnect VIN update. Thanks again! RichWK2

RichWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
NYWk266

First time on Beach "Serv 4WD" Erro

Took my 2011 Laredo X V6 OR1 to the beach for the first time today. About ten minutes in got the dreaded "Serv 4WDl error. I was in 4-Lo knowing about the issue so didn't lose four wheel drive.

Played for about an hour than aired up and truck wouldn't shift out of 4-Lo and error was still lit. After about quarter mile on pavement the light went off and I could get out of 4-Lo.

Guess I'm bringing mine in for the newly released TSB. Truck was great in the sand! Ran the stock good ear wrangler tires at about 22psi. What TSB# is the fix?
imageuploadedbyautoguide1368754207.026130.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
NYWk266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

Here it is: http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2100313.pdf
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
NYWk266

Thanks!

Unread 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #20
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWK2 View Post
JeepCares,
Do you have any additional insight as to why my VIN did not show up in DealerConnect for TSB 21-003-13? My Jeep meets all the requirements listed in the TSB. I plan to take it into the dealership service department tomorrow morning and want to have my ducks in a row. Hopefully your inquisition into the matter resulted in a DealerConnect VIN update. Thanks again! RichWK2
I believe the service bulletin was put in again (since when it was first published.) Please let me know if there is an issue with your VIN..
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
RichWK2
2012 WK 

Thank you JeepCares for your help!

I visited my Jeep Service Department this morning to make an appointment to have this TSB performed next Monday. I had the service writer run my VIN through DealerConnect to double-check that this TSB applies in the eyes of the service writer. I am glad to report back that it now in fact does! I am looking forward to getting this driveline bump issue resolved on Monday and enjoying my WK2 even more when I drive it!
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #22
RichWK2
2012 WK 

I had TSB 21-003-13 applied - the rear bump feel when accelerating is different, still there sometimes, but better. I used to feel it almost every time I accelerated, now only intermittantly. Still notice it on left hand turns from a stop. The bump doesn't feel as pronounced as it was previously.

Since it's better and the primary reason for the TSB was to fix a 4WD Sand Issue, I'm good to go and do not plan to worry about it anymore...
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #23
NYWk266

Brought mine in for Serv 4wd issue and service manager said I had a steering sensor code and they are replacing that instead. I tried explaining about the TSB but he said "you have the latest version" I'm not going to be happy if they change the steering sensor and it happens again. Which I'm almost sure will be the case.

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #24
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYWk266 View Post
Brought mine in for Serv 4wd issue and service manager said I had a steering sensor code and they are replacing that instead. I tried explaining about the TSB but he said "you have the latest version" I'm not going to be happy if they change the steering sensor and it happens again. Which I'm almost sure will be the case.

I would ask for it in writing. They should be able to print out a report and point on the paper for the "said" most up to date TSB.
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
NYWk266

They had to order the part so it goes back on the 20th. I don't believe the service manager understood the tsb is for flashing the DCM and not the computer software.

Unread 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
lysol
2013 WK 

Drove the Jeep today to see if there is anything else wrong with it. I'm dropping it off at the dealer this evening until tomorrow to get all updates/tsb's applied. Also an oil change and detail is getting done; both possibly complimentary (first oil change). I'm sitting just under 10k miles on the odometer. I can't wait to get out to the beach this summer.
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #27
lysol
2013 WK 

Also, the wife and I are heading down to OBX (Outer Banks) beach this weekend. I'll take pics of the Jeep "POST TSB". We can drive on the beaches there. Hopefully we don't get stuck.
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #28
NYWk266

Just tried to have the TSB applied again. Instead they replaced the steering column control module. Invoice says "performed electronic diagnosis found steering angle sensor shorted internally. Replaced sensor and cleared code" I gave them the TSB# and regarding that they wrote "found vehicle software up to date. TSB does not pertain to vehicle at this time."

I'm kind of pissed because I literally had the Serv 4wd error and also binding on steep grades. Service guy at the front desk said the steering sensor can cause this. My thought was the bad software in the drivetrain control module popped a code due to the inputs while driving on the sand.

Thoughts? I'm thinking a trip back to the beach will result in another Serv 4wd error and I'm not going to be happy. Sensor cost me $100 for deductible on extended warranty.

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
lysol
2013 WK 

Go to another dealership. I walked in and told them the TSB number and they just applied it.

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #30
NYWk266

I'm pretty sure. (Like 95%) it applies to my truck. Since you know it happened to me twice. They told me I already have the latest software. The incompetence level is unreal. I'd also love to know how they could tell it was an internal short in the sensor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.