Security VIN (Serial) location on WK2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Security VIN (Serial) location on WK2

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
lujaba
2011 WK 

Security VIN (Serial) location on WK2

Hi everybody.
I´m wondering if someone knows where´s located Security VIN or Serial number on Grand Cherokee 2011 (WK2) since I´m buying a used one and I would like to make sure if everything´s ok.
On my old WK (2008) It was located on cargo area removing some trim panels.
I would apreciate any info.
Thanks in advance.
LB

lujaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

The Vin should be stamped on the drivers side where the dash meets the windshield.
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
lujaba
2011 WK 

Hidden "VIN" WK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
The Vin should be stamped on the drivers side where the dash meets the windshield.
Hi fljeepleo:
Thanks for your answer.
I know that location, but I´m asking for that "hidden" location where assembly factory stamp it on body chassis, for security purposes.
Here in my country (Venezuela) when you buy a used car the Transportation Authority requires you to show that hidden "VIN" to see if both of them match.
WK2 is a very recent model here (released on april/11) and nobody (even the Transportation Authority) knows where is located it.
Thanks a lot again
Unread 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You may have to contact Jeep customer support, as that is not a usual question here. Is there a dealer near by?
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
You may have to contact Jeep customer support, as that is not a usual question here. Is there a dealer near by?
´
I think that´s the best option. Let me contact a dealer here to know if they can help me. Thanks a lot for your help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.