Seat question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Seat question

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
wikkid237
2012 WK 

Seat question

Has anyone swapped seats out with SRT8 seats in there GC.I sat in a new srt8 and really dig the seats. Wonder what that mod would cost, if possible.
Thanks

wikkid237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Remove seat from wk2. Instal seat from srt. Plug in connectors...

They're the same model of vehicle, just a different trim level. The seat rails should be the same, if not their mounting places
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
MickinNY
2013 WK 

I drove a Laredo X the other day & the Capri "Premium" leather seats in that left me underwhelmed in terms of quality & comfort level, especially after sitting in a Limited with it's upgraded Nappa perforated leather. The Nappa seats were much more comfortable. Even the cloth seats in a base Laredo feel more comfortable than the Capri leather.
If I don't get a 2013 in the next few weeks, I'll wait & factory order a 2014 the exact way I want it. It would be nice if they'd let you upgrade to the Napa leather with the X. I wouldn't hesitate doing that.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Airbags and sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Remove seat from wk2. Instal seat from srt. Plug in connectors...

They're the same model of vehicle, just a different trim level. The seat rails should be the same, if not their mounting places

Probably just bolt in but the question is the airbags and the sensors. Just a quick reprogram? Or more work.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti

Probably just bolt in but the question is the airbags and the sensors. Just a quick reprogram? Or more work.
It's a seat from one wk2 to another wk2. Only differences are how they're upholstered and stuffed. By logic they should have the same airbag technology. Besides, airbag sensors aren't mounted with the airbag...
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
HEMI35
2007 WK 

Should be the same, because for 2005-2010 seats are interchangeable, but thereīs a trick: just change the actual seats (foam and leather parts), donīt change the rails, and use your own rails, the only thing you have to look is if the connectors are the same, you should have 3 connectors on the passengerīs side (heather, airbag sensor, and power for moving the seats, or something like that), and on the driverīs side you should have the same except the airbag sensor. If you find a set, check the plugs below (donīt unplug anything with the positive (+) of the battery on).
I did this on a 2007 wk, with 2007 srt8 seats and I change only the actual seats, not the rails, I even kept my own seat belts and their plugs (thatīs also a requirement, I think). Unbolt the positive of the battery, wait 1 minute and youīre good to go, now just find those seats (thatīs the difficult part)!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.