Salesman told not to touch the Selec-Terrain !!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Salesman told not to touch the Selec-Terrain !!!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEMassive SAVINGS on VISION X EVO PRIME 10 WATT LED LIGHT BANew Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit Cataly

Unread 06-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #31
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Duh

Did you bring your golf bag(s) along for a test fit. When I was looking for a vehicle to replace my Element back in the late Spring of 2012 I put two dog crates and my two collies in the Element and went a test driving. Now I called ahead to the Toyota, Jeep, Honda, Audi, Acura, Land Rover, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes dealers I was going to and set up appointments with their sales morons. Nothing is more fun than watching BMW and Lexus dealership folks freak out when you pull crates and dogs out, Mercedes was very stoic, Audi sales manager came out and said no way so we left, and Jeep and Land Rover dealers were cool.

Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #32
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnipples View Post
First Jeep complaint

I Have a 2013 jgc and a 2014 cherokee Trailhawk. For some odd reason I just now had to drive to golf. Clubs don't fit in either horizontally! You have to be ****ting me. Never did I imagine this would be an issue. Of course my friend sorrento has more cargo space. Stupid jeeps.
This was talked about often a couple years ago... there are ways to manage. So you would rather be driving a Sorrento ?
Unread 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #33
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnipples View Post
First Jeep complaint

I Have a 2013 jgc and a 2014 cherokee Trailhawk. For some odd reason I just now had to drive to golf. Clubs don't fit in either horizontally! You have to be ****ting me. Never did I imagine this would be an issue. Of course my friend sorrento has more cargo space. Stupid jeeps.
I tried a Sorrento after test driving a few Wk2s & while it wasn't bad by any means, IMO it wasn't even close. The Jeep was MUCH nicer in every aspect.
OK, your friends Sorrento holds the clubs horizontally. You can certainly work around that. Other than that, would you really prefer having his Sorrento over your WK2 because of that?
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #34
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Sorrento screams of cheap! Pass. I am ok with bag diagonal since I drive separate.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #35
fatnipples

Of course I would not rather have a sorrento. But that's the point. An inferior product fits the clubs. I didn't even consider if clubs would fit I just assumed and you know what happens when you assume
fatnipples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 04:30 AM   #36
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Funny.... Clubs fit fine in my '02 JGC horizontally but not in my '14!

But I still like the '14 better .

When I play golf , I just throw the clubs in my wife's '00 Miata trunk.... They fit fine there..... Ironic !
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #37
nubby105
2011 WK 

Previous Jeeps did the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvTaco View Post
i wish our nav did what my dads old 2010 f150 did.
not his but the feature
My wife's wrangler used to have the split screen as well.

Not sure what this has to do with the select trac though?
nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #38
nubby105
2011 WK 

split screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehman26 View Post
My mygig has split screen like tgat!
You can split nav and music?
nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #39
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Salespeople that don't know what they are selling seems to be getting more common. I even went to a vacuum cleaner repair shop trying to find a HEPA filter for our vacuum and the parts guy said there wasn't one for my model. I went back the next day with a photo of our vacuum with the HEPA filter sticker on the side and then he finally looked it up and managed to find the part number.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #40
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

That's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSU_Bison View Post
Salespeople that don't know what they are selling seems to be getting more common. I even went to a vacuum cleaner repair shop trying to find a HEPA filter for our vacuum and the parts guy said there wasn't one for my model. I went back the next day with a photo of our vacuum with the HEPA filter sticker on the side and then he finally looked it up and managed to find the part number.
I have a Dyson. No expensive HEPA filters to replace. Dyson has a filter that you can wash yourself to clean. Dyson is the only vacuum cleaner that really works on dog fur. Nothing else comes close from Meile,Electrolux, Hoover at al. Dyson's are worth the money. No bags either. Best thing the Brits ever designed and its damn reliable too.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #41
Ken-G
2014 WK 

When I bought my Rubicon my sales guy tried to convince me there was zero difference between the Command Track and Rock Track 4X4 systems. (They didn't have a Rubi on the lot...)
Ken-G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #42
chowner
2014 WK 

My golf clubs fit fine, I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about?

I also have longer than normal clubs. I have a carry bag so maybe that helps, but still........
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #43
chowner
2014 WK 

Sports Mode VOIDS WARRANTY

Was told that on a test drive. I feel sorry for the poor soul that ended up with those units I test drove.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.