Salesman told not to touch the Selec-Terrain !!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Salesman told not to touch the Selec-Terrain !!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
BManz
2011 WK 

In "Auto" the SelectTerrain uses speed senors, engine load, and ABS sensors to factor into an algorithm that the engineers programmed to change modes "behind the scenes" without driver input. The vehicle obviously can't see, so if you want it to stay on one mode, an over-ride I'd call it, you have the SelecTerrain. It really comes into play more when you are in 4-Low going off-road. For most of your driving on-road, the "Auto" will be placing most of the engine torque to the rear wheels like it would do if you chose "Sport" and then adjust from there as it senses wheel slip. If you select "Sport" manually for example, you would not only direct more torque to the rear wheels (never will it be in 2WD, it's a full time 4WD/AWD system) but you would also alter the transmission shift points higher in the rpm range for more spirited street performance. If you drive like a wild teen, the "Auto" mode will also over time adjust the shift points to suit your driving style as long as you keep driving that way. It constantly adjusts.

BManz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
WvTaco
2011 WK 

Split screen. Audio and nav. U cant see both.
Also eta is an option touch the bottom right number when you are using nav it gives u options.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
fatnipples

Greg, why did they say you should have gotten factory skids? I have an Overland with everything but hooks and skids. I went in for a Durango and somehow left with a jeep. I was thinking about adding the hooks and skids but you just scared me. If there an issue with putting them in after?
fatnipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

My mygig has split screen like tgat!
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Wk

The salespeople are told to never touch anything. So they think that is good advice to pass on.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
henrysko
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pf View Post
The salespeople are told to never touch anything. So they think that is good advice to pass on.
Wow! If that's true, how can they learn what/why the knob or buttons are there to begin with.

I can't believe that messing with those options would cause such an issue that whatever happened couldn't be unfubared.
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #22
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysko

Wow! If that's true, how can they learn what/why the knob or buttons are there to begin with.

I can't believe that messing with those options would cause such an issue that whatever happened couldn't be unfubared.
My sales man got me and the wife to sit in the jeep and run us over all the gear in it before we left the dealer .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysko View Post

Someday I need to write a short story about my experiences with car salespeople. I don't think I have ever stepped into an auto showroom without knowing more than anybody else in the building about the vehicle I was interested in - and that's never been a high standard.

My Jeep dealer actually LIKES IT when I come in to just test drive a random vehicle, because whichever salesdroid rides with me ends up knowing far more about the vehicle than s/he did before.. I recently stopped in the sales side after getting a new starter put in the WK, and the sales manager said "Hey, we're getting our first 2014 GC in early April, you want to come up and take it for a ride and help me get to know it?"

so, yeah, the salespeople are told to not touch anything they don't understand - which is pretty much everything.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #24
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

Our salesman tried to convince me that I couldn't get selec-terrain in a Laredo. I had to print off my factory build sheet to prove it to him.
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #25
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by superserialMBP View Post
Our salesman tried to convince me that I couldn't get selec-terrain in a Laredo. I had to print off my factory build sheet to prove it to him.
Another dealer we went to back in January got into a argument with me about that, he said the 14's could but a 13 you had to get a limited.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvTaco View Post
i wish our nav did what my dads old 2010 f150 did.
not his but the feature
While the screen in filled with the audio, press the i (information) button. After it splits the screen to show the information about the music press the i button again and the right side of the screen is nav and the left is audio.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #27
kkreit01

I got lucky when I bought mine. My salesman was the on-sight guru. He was very knowledgeable. It was the first for me -- as I typically know way more than the salesman. While I was there, many other salesmen would come to him for answers. I knew I was in good hands.

^ Yes -- I miss the screen and THXII system on my Lincoln. It was nice splitting the screen in 3. I always ran like that.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #28
fatnipples

First Jeep complaint

I Have a 2013 jgc and a 2014 cherokee Trailhawk. For some odd reason I just now had to drive to golf. Clubs don't fit in either horizontally! You have to be ****ting me. Never did I imagine this would be an issue. Of course my friend sorrento has more cargo space. Stupid jeeps.
fatnipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #29
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

I can tell you as an Idaho winter driver that the Snow mode works way better in the icy and slippery stuff than the Auto setting.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #30
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnipples
First Jeep complaint I Have a 2013 jgc and a 2014 cherokee Trailhawk. For some odd reason I just now had to drive to golf. Clubs don't fit in either horizontally! You have to be ****ting me. Never did I imagine this would be an issue. Of course my friend sorrento has more cargo space. Stupid jeeps.
I am avid golfer and freaked out when I first outy clubs in the back of my 2012 GC. They do fit, place top top of the bag in the little cut out toward the left horizontally in the cargo area. Put the driver and 3 wood in the opening on the left side and the bag will fit horizontally. The Cherokee is another story. They probably don't fit.
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.