Saddle Nappa Leather - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Saddle Nappa Leather

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Cegan

Saddle Nappa Leather

I want to condition the saddle leather seats on my new 2011 JGC Overland Summit. Any recommendations as to what conditioner to use?

image-1025554433.jpg  
Cegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
watchdog507

Seat Treatment

With the perforated leather in an Overland, you need to use a non cream treatment. Otherwise the perforations will clog and they will look dreadful. I use Zymol. It does give leather a slight sheen. The sheen can be buffed off. Any remaining sheen will disappear after a few days. Be careful around the embossed stitching with an oil based treatment as it will soak into the thread. After 2 months the leather seats are softing up and feel great.
watchdog507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

General use will soften them up too. We have 12,500 miles on the overland now and the seats have never been conditioned. They are nice and smooth, I just keep them clean. Conditioner has its pros and cons. The big con I hate is the shine it leaves, I like the leather to have a dull surface to it. I like the whole interior to be like that except for the chrome and wood grain, that's why I never use armor all or any other dressing either.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
Cegan

Yeah I'm with you. I hate the greasy look. I'll try the Zymol. Thanks guys!
Cegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.