RRO Lift Kit and Brake Lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > RRO Lift Kit and Brake Lines

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

RRO Lift Kit and Brake Lines

In finding a suitable installer for the RRO 2.5" Lift on my 2013 WK2, the one I like to best says I will need longer brake lines. Just a few inches to make up the difference with the lift. They mentioend that it is not 100% required, but will make the brake cable to stretched with the lift in, and my wheels turned hard.

Id hate to get offroad, with my wheels going every which way, and rupture a brake line.

Everyone that has the lift installed, does the brake lines look streched when your wheel are turned all the way and off the ground?

Once again, they said I don't have to do it, but he recommended it, and would include it in the cost of the lift kit install, $450 out the door.

Thanks for your input.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Jackal01

2012 WK 

I answered in the PM but just to write it publicly. I had my lift on at less than 200 miles on the odometer. I did some decent wheeling in Colorado and some pretty serious mudding in Galveston last Spring and other offroading. Never once an issue with brakes. Not to say nothing wont happen but think other than rock crawling I have put this thing through its paces. If it needs to be done then I will do it. I guess in the end it really doesn't hurt to do it.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

I haven't done it. I'm no mechanical genius but the RR lift doesn't take anything past factory specs, so why change something already designed to handle the full range of travel? I have the lift, wheeled it, and it still stops just fine. In my opinion they are just trying to get an extra buck.

I hope for $450 they are including an alignment; that is something you will need.
2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.
DirtyTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTires View Post
I haven't done it. I'm no mechanical genius but the RR lift doesn't take anything past factory specs, so why change something already designed to handle the full range of travel? I have the lift, wheeled it, and it still stops just fine. In my opinion they are just trying to get an extra buck.

I hope for $450 they are including an alignment; that is something you will need.
Thanks for your comment. I have it at another shop... getting done now. They said 3 hours @ $95/hr. Their main man doing it used to work with Vortech in Alpharetta, GA, and now fabricates from the shops Porshe Race Cars. They were looking forward to doing this the first time on a '13 WK2!

It includes an alignment, though they think no adjustments will be needed.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.