Roof rack D rings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Roof rack D rings

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
SW03ES

Roof rack D rings

Hey everybody...

I'm looking for removable and repositionable D rings for the roof rack rails. I'm not looking for crossbars, what I want is something I can use to tie down...say a Christmas tree.

My old Explorer had these, you could twist them and they would slide up and down the rails, or come off, but if you twisted them down parallel to the rails they'd lock and you could use them as tie downs.

Anyone know if anybody make such a thing for the Jeep?

Unread 11-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
pmoyer
2011 WK 

I am also looked for some sort of movable tie downs for m y 2011 Grand Cherokee. I miss the rails that my 2005 had. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.
pmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
sfgiant

Same here. Need something to tie down the christmas tree. I dont really need or care for the look of the Mopar cross bars, they stick out to much. Any ideas?
sfgiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
SW03ES

I asked this question here and on the other Jeep forum and no response.

I think its completely ignorant to have an SUV with roof rails and no way to tie down a christmas tree...
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
pmoyer
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
I asked this question here and on the other Jeep forum and no response.

I think its completely ignorant to have an SUV with roof rails and no way to tie down a christmas tree...
I couldn't agree with you more.
pmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Jerm87
2011 WK 

I'm looking for the same thing right now to haul the Christmas Tree and ski's. I think the Mopar ones stick up too high. I've looked at the Thule kits that fit for just having the Flush Rails. I already have load bars from a previous Thule kit on my old car. These kits seem to be not as high as the Mopar one and will run me just about the same as the Mopar kit. I will post a picture for you all to see once I get them installed. Look up on Thule's website to get some ideas, doesn't help when there is no picture of them on a Jeep.
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
SW03ES

Yeah that and I don't want to spend $250 to get functionality out of a roof rack that should have it from the factory.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.