JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Rocky road is making a level kit for WK2's. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/rocky-road-making-level-kit-wk2s-1277900/)

SightSeeker 10-17-2011 08:25 AM

Rocky road is making a level kit for WK2's.

I've been putting the pressure on them to make a level kit based on their 2" lift so the springs don't get compressed like the tuff country one does. They got back to me that they have one in the works and they are going to put priority on it. Just spreading the word.

fljeepleo 10-17-2011 09:58 AM

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

dedoman 10-20-2011 08:25 AM

Good news

That's good news!!! Keep us posted please ! I'll be anxiously awaiting as I'm considering the 2" lift, but a little apprehensive about mod'ing my brand new jeep for something fairly untested as of yet.

SightSeeker 10-22-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedoman (Post 12354673)
That's good news!!! Keep us posted please ! I'll be anxiously awaiting as I'm considering the 2" lift, but a little apprehensive about mod'ing my brand new jeep for something fairly untested as of yet.

They have them for prior jeep models so I wouldn't be to concerned buying from them.

dedoman 10-22-2011 04:43 PM

Excellent

Thats excellent... cant wait to see pic's after install.... any time frame ?

rs153719 09-19-2013 01:57 PM

Installing the RRO level kit this coming Thursday at the dealer. They're giving me the full install with alignment for $250 plus tax. I'll keep you guys posted with how the install goes along with a ride report and measurements. Thanks!

Jackal01 09-19-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rs153719 (Post 16148273)
Installing the RRO level kit this coming Thursday at the dealer. They're giving me the full install with alignment for $250 plus tax. I'll keep you guys posted with how the install goes along with a ride report and measurements. Thanks!

Cool. Sounds good. Post some pics.

We have already had people report back with their thoughts on the lift and level kits from RRO since they have been out for quite some time.

DangFoo 09-19-2013 02:49 PM

I think it's safe to assume that anybody like me with Quadralift [air suspension] is going to be SOL?

This air suspension going up and down is starting to make me want to put a chain steering wheel on my GC like Cheech & Chong - odelay! Oh well, saves me from spending money on the old Chickenhawk, but I'll probably just find something stupid to buy for the JK anyway.

DangFoo 09-19-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rs153719 (Post 16148273)

Jackpot!!!:cheers:

ColdCase 09-19-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangFoo (Post 16149657)
I think it's safe to assume that anybody like me with Quadralift [air suspension] is going to be SOL?

This air suspension going up and down is starting to make me want to put a chain steering wheel on my GC like Cheech & Chong - odelay! Oh well, saves me from spending money on the old Chickenhawk, but I'll probably just find something stupid to buy for the JK anyway.

Some have played with adjusting the height sensor linkage length to set the normal ride height as you prefer. Much less of a PITA than a leveling kit, and adjustable.

There is no getting around the lack of rebound, leveling kit, lift, or QL regardless.

rs153719 09-19-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal01 (Post 16149129)

Cool. Sounds good. Post some pics.

We have already had people report back with their thoughts on the lift and level kits from RRO since they have been out for quite some time.

Yep, I've been studying this leveling kit for some time now... I simply want to add my experience, as detailed as I can to help others. Thursday I am having the level kit installed along with the addition of the yakima roof rack. Cheers!

Jackal01 09-19-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rs153719 (Post 16151545)
Yep, I've been studying this leveling kit for some time now... I simply want to add my experience, as detailed as I can to help others. Thursday I am having the level kit installed along with the addition of the yakima roof rack. Cheers!

Cool. Looking forward to the details rather than just short, common comments and photos for installs like most people do. :cheers2:

DangFoo 09-19-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 16150505)
Some have played with adjusting the height sensor linkage length to set the normal ride height as you prefer. Much less of a PITA than a leveling kit, and adjustable.

There is no getting around the lack of rebound, leveling kit, lift, or QL regardless.

OK, I'm not very intelligent, so I'll need to find a mechanic that can do this for me. I can change oil, filters, and do basic bolt-on stuff (like installing aux lights), but anything beyond that I'm likely to royally screw something up.

Thanks for the info

69moparman 09-20-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal01 (Post 16151777)
Cool. Looking forward to the details rather than just short, common comments and photos for installs like most people do. :cheers2:

Okay, here's another short comment on the RRO leveling kit. I installed it on my 2012 GC about two months ago. Total install time was about three hours with lots of BS intervals. The instructions are very detailed and exact. When they say two people should be used to install, they aint kidding. There is a time on each side that you definitely need two people, so don't attempt it by yourself. And when they say helper, they don't mean a 10 year old kid to pass you the screwdriver, they mean a guy with some mechanical aptitude and some common sense. You should have a cutoff wheel to cut down the 3 factory bolts for the upper strut mounting, and follow the instructions when they tell you to put nuts on before cutting so the nuts will chase the threads after cutting the bolts. You will need to adjust your headlights down after installing the leveling kit, unless you're spotting for owls while driving at night. The ride quality has not been compromised at all. You should get an alignment after installing the kit. We just returned from a two-week 5980 mile trip and the Jeep rode just as it did when new. The front is raised up about 1 1/4 inches and has a more aggressive stance. I'm completely satisfied with the mod.

Mark

rs153719 09-26-2013 05:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just got the RRO leveling kit installed at the dealer today and I couldn't be happier! They charged me $250 for the install and 4-wheel alignment. All-in-all it took them 3.5 hours. They mentioned no problems with the install. On the 20 minute drive home my ride was nice and smooth just like before. I drove onto a dirt path to test the bounce and everything seemed to ride like before.
Ground clearance: in my level garage is 10-1/2 in the front and about 9-1/2 in the center.
Rear measurement from ground to fender: 34-1/2 inches
Front measurement from ground to fender: went from 33in to 34-5/8
On level ground my jeep appears to be sitting perfectly level. I will report back next time I have the jeep loaded down. Still debating between a yakima windjammer or the fairing. Here ya go! Before then after shot.

The time now is 04:45 AM.