Rocky Road Lift Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Rocky Road Lift Kit

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Jeep4L1fe
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Rocky Road Lift Kit

Has anyone heard of or used this kit?

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html

Jeep4L1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
chocolatemoose

short answer
, yes
chocolatemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Jeeprin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Curious about this as well. Has anyone bought and installed it? If so, review?
08" X, 2DR, Jeep Green, RIPP Gen II Supercharger, Custom painted graphite MB Stryker 16" wheels, 35" Dura-Tracs, flat fenders, XRC Front bumper w/ XRC 8 winch, Superchips Flashpaq, Safari Straps, OME/ARB MD coils, Bilstein 5100's, JKS front and rear track bars, Superior 5.13 gears, Detroit True Trac LSD, A to Z Fab Rock Sliders
Jeeprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
lharrell79

There are already a couple of reviews, just search and you will find them. The general consensus is that they are fairly time consuming to install, don't affect the ride quality too much, and no long term reports have been done.

I'd be interested to see what this kit does to the balljoint, and tie rod ends in the long run.

Lucas
lharrell79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharrell79 View Post
There are already a couple of reviews, just search and you will find them. The general consensus is that they are fairly time consuming to install, don't affect the ride quality too much, and no long term reports have been done.

I'd be interested to see what this kit does to the balljoint, and tie rod ends in the long run.

Lucas
CV shaft wear the biggest worry IMHO.
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
CJSTexas
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4L1fe
Has anyone heard of or used this kit?

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html
I have their lift installed. I paid a local shop about $620 to install it. They said it was a PITA.

I have had it for about 5k miles and it drives about the same. For my part I am very happy with it. There is another thread here on the forum where I posted a longer write up with pictures.
CJSTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.