rocky-road.com? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > rocky-road.com?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
JasonJasoff
2012 WK 

Question rocky-road.com?

I see a lot of things on the rocky-road.com website that I like for the WK2. From their 2.5" lift kit to the roof rails. But I am reading A LOT of negative things about their customer service and entire operation in general on
http://www.jeepreviews.com/where-to-...ad-outfitters/ and other websites as well.

Whats the general consensus with these guys and their parts? Can they be trusted? Anyone have personal experience? I want to buy their roof rails and cross-members within the next few days but don't want to get ripped off. Thanks!

JasonJasoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
MaineJeep11
2011 WK 

My experience with them over the last few months was excellent. I emailed back and forth 4 or 5 times with questions about my lift, the replied in detail within a day each time, sent me the install instructions so I could show a mechanic and get an accurate quote, they told me how long it would take to get the lift once I ordered (and had it to me a week sooner). The shop that installed the lift even had some questions/suggestions regarding their instructions so he called them to discuss and said they were really cool. Personally I'd highly recommend them based on my experience. Just remember you can always find negative reviews on the internet about someone or something.
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Big50
2012 WK 

I'm with MaineJeep11. I've had a good experience with RR. I also have the lift as well as the super sliders (which reminds me that I need to get some pics up of those). The lift has been on for about 2 months and no issues. The super sliders are rock solid and heavy duty. They don't have the same coverage as the mopar ones as they don't extend all the way to the front and rear wheel wells. And RR has been responsive to every email I've sent.

I'd say they are a pretty good operation. It's quite possible as they built up their busisness they experienced growing pains in regards to quality. Also, you have to think about who is complaining. While they could be legitimate, these are people who are slapping on this RR's equipment and then putting their vehicles in extreme conditions. It could be that they pushed things to far and want someone to blame.

And what choice do we have anyway They are the only ones supporting us in the after market and for that
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have their 2.5" lift. I ordered it when they had none in stock so they had to be built (2 1/2 week turn around). I called or got on their "chat" a few times in that 17 days to get an update and each time I was told where the lifts were at in the process and that I was actually number 1 on the list to be shipped out. Sure enough, 2 1/2 weeks after order it was in the mail box. I will order again from them but just not sure what. I give them A+.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
JasonJasoff
2012 WK 

Thanks for the replies. Ya, I know the internet can be rough for reviews since most complain rather compliment. Thanks again!
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
MaineJeep11
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big50 View Post

And what choice do we have anyway They are the only ones supporting us in the after market and for that
+1 on this. If it weren't for RR we'd all be screwed, there would be nothing cool we could do to these things! I like the looks of that winch bumper they're working on for someone over on "the other" forum too, it's cool they're putting in the time and effort even though I'll never do anything with this grocery getter to need a winch
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
JasonJasoff
2012 WK 

Just a follow up... I've so far purchased RR's roof rails, crossbars, and lift kit. Very satisfied with everything and their service. +1 for RR!
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
rpoverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJasoff View Post
Just a follow up... I've so far purchased RR's roof rails, crossbars, and lift kit. Very satisfied with everything and their service. +1 for RR!
so far so good, the only problem with mine is a defective celenoid but i deal directly with smittybilt for that.
rpoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
rpoverland

this is a design flaw that i see in the RRO winch. i need to relocate the transmission cooler.
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoverland View Post
this is a design flaw that i see in the RRO winch. i need to relocate the transmission cooler.
If you don't have the tow package that shouldn't be a problem, should it?
2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.
DirtyTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

rpoverland, can you resize that picture down? It is HUGE!

Unread 09-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
rpoverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
rpoverland, can you resize that picture down? It is HUGE!
Lol that's only an iPhone picture. Let me know if this works.

Yes I believe I have the towing package.
image-141690717.jpg  
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes it worked.

What part of the winch caused that?

Unread 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
rpoverland

The cable wind is uneven inside.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.