Rock Rails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Rock Rails

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
mgoneill70

Rock Rails

Not sure why the Overland Edition with the Off-road package doesn't include "Rock Rails" but that is another question all together. Has anyone installed the Mopar rock rails on their Grand Cherokee?

mgoneill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Why should the Overland get them but not any other WK2 models with ORA1 or ORA2 package? I searched for you...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...stall-1164159/
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
mgoneill70

Since they came standard on my 2002 Overland (which I believe was supposedly the most capable "off road" Grand Cherokee at the time), I think including them on the 2012 Overland would have been appropriate. But hey, I'm all for including them on any ORA1 or ORA2 equipped GC. Thanks for the thread, much appreciated.
mgoneill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Gotcha. I like the RRO SS ones myself but the Mopar's are decent enough.
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Alaska-HWY JK

Those are over $1100 up here in Canada. My wife's getting an Overland with OR2 package and I want rock rails. The parts guy is checking for some different ones as all Mopar Jeep parts are just rebranded and stepped on from some other manufacturer anyway. I do want something that looks and fits like that.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
jonascalhoun

I'm having a set fabricated locally for a third what the Mopar ones cost. You might check around with local off road shops.

Dan
jonascalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonascalhoun View Post
I'm having a set fabricated locally for a third what the Mopar ones cost. You might check around with local off road shops.

Dan
I'd be interested to see how those turn out.

Speaking personally, I'd be hesitant to have a local shop "fab something up" for the GC without first seeing a finished product is going to look like and how they plan to install it to the vehicle and whether it offers the same ground clearance as the Mopar rails. It's great if you end up paying 1/3 of the price of ones specifically designed for the GC and they look great and fitment is stellar. It's another if they look like a$$ or they permanently f'd up your Heep installing them.

Nothing against the local guy, but I want to see what I'm getting before dropping a penny.
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
jonascalhoun

Agreed. I'm working very closely with them, we are doing drawings, etc. I've seen plenty of examples of their work. They know what I'm trying to accomplish, and I think we can do some as good if not better than the Mopar units.

Dan
jonascalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to see these
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
JMP8562

jonascalhoun ANY LUCK WITH THE RAILS ? we would love to see what your guy comes up with ..... i am sure that if they are good fitment, the ground clearence is good also nothing to get hung up on... several people might be intrested in having them made, and the shop just might give you a kick back for each order their has been alot of intrest in rock rails / sliders
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
JMP8562

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonascalhoun View Post
Agreed. I'm working very closely with them, we are doing drawings, etc. I've seen plenty of examples of their work. They know what I'm trying to accomplish, and I think we can do some as good if not better than the Mopar units.

Dan
did you guys come up with anything ?
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.