RKE Memory Settings Stopped Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > RKE Memory Settings Stopped Working

Save 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free Shipping

Unread 02-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

RKE Memory Settings Stopped Working

Vehicle - 2012 Limited

For the first 2 months the driver seat memory positions worked as expected with our two RKE keys. Same for the mirror and radio preferences.
Open the door, seat moves back to allow easy entry. Close the door and start and the seats would to go their memorized positions. Mirror and channels preferences worked too.

About two weeks ago all personalization features stopped being recognized.
- Seat does not automatically slide back for easy entry/exit
- Seat does not move to memorized setting once the Jeep is started
- Mirrors don't go to their memorized adjustments
- Radio remains on last channel
Act like it's ignoring all the RKE preferences.
Power seat controls work normally.
Checked the EVIC and both setting are checked.

Stumped....

kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Update...

We turned off the RKE memory and then turned it back on and reprogrammed both seat positions.
The seats once again would adjust to each driver positions but the Easy Entry/Exit feature didn't work.

Crusing some other forums I found the solution for the Easy Entry/Exit problem.
It's...
"Move the seat all the way forward and all the way back after you turn off easy entry/exit. It will all work again including memory. "
Followed the procedure and bingo the Easy Entry/Exit feature is now working again.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Nonaspirin
2012 WK 

I attempted to set my keys but gave up. Is there a trick to setting the keys to the correct setting?
Nonaspirin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #4
RustyBrainpan
2011 WK 

I found an interesting anomaly with the RKE. If you use the preference selector switch before you start the vehicle, it will not use the programmed preferences. My wife drove the car the other day and set the preference selector to 2. She doesn't have any programmed preferences on her setting other than the seat position - the radio presets are all "preview" on satellite for example. When I went to drive the car, I selected setting 1 before starting the car and the was annoyed that the radio presets where apparently missing when I started it and drove off. On a hunch, I put the car in park and selected preference 1 again, and it loaded all the presets, etc. I don't currently have the easy exit set, so I haven't seen that issue yet. So don't select your preference until the car is started and the presets seem to work.
RustyBrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBrainpan View Post
I found an interesting anomaly with the RKE. If you use the preference selector switch before you start the vehicle, it will not use the programmed preferences. My wife drove the car the other day and set the preference selector to 2. She doesn't have any programmed preferences on her setting other than the seat position - the radio presets are all "preview" on satellite for example. When I went to drive the car, I selected setting 1 before starting the car and the was annoyed that the radio presets where apparently missing when I started it and drove off. On a hunch, I put the car in park and selected preference 1 again, and it loaded all the presets, etc. I don't currently have the easy exit set, so I haven't seen that issue yet. So don't select your preference until the car is started and the presets seem to work.
INTERESTING - we just picked up a Limited 2 nights ago and I attempted to set everything (with the engine off). The EVIC said it took the settings, but when I tried using my keyfob yesterday the seat and stations didn't change, BUT I DIDN'T START IT (I was just checking to see if it would change).

Guess I'll have to give it a try again today. Thanks for the data. I'll report back in case others are as inept as me.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
txwest
2012 WK 

SWEET!!

My gf drove my Overland earlier this week and set the Seat M2 to her position. Then we noticed all of the SAT presetes were all out of whack. I was blaming it on Sirius. (i am a previous XM user) Glad to know it was just the memory settings.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
mpuzach
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppk View Post
Crusing some other forums I found the solution for the Easy Entry/Exit problem.
It's...
"Move the seat all the way forward and all the way back after you turn off easy entry/exit. It will all work again including memory. "
Followed the procedure and bingo the Easy Entry/Exit feature is now working again.
I found this thread today after doing a search because I just began having the same problem in my 2012. After 7 months of ownership, my memory recall and Easy Entry/Exit stopped working today. I tried reprogramming a dozen times per the owner's manual and got nowhere. After finding this thread I tried the procedure you provided and voila - it worked! Thank you very much for sharing this info. You saved me a trip to the dealership.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:36 PM   #8
jun3au
2011 WK 

RKE link to Memory

I've tried the owners manual directions and all the suggestions on the forum being careful to have the car in "Off" and choosing the correct buttons in the correct sequence and timing, but the keyfob will not link to the memory settings. It did prior to having 7 Flash updates done a few weeks ago and now I can't get it to connect. I even tired the suggestion for the easy in/out moving the seat all the way up and back. Any other suggestions?
BTC
jun3au is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:42 PM   #9
jun3au
2011 WK 

RKE Linking to Memory

I've tried the owners manual directions and all the suggestions on the forum being careful to have the car in "Off" and choosing the correct buttons in the correct sequence and timing, but the keyfob will not link to the memory settings. It did prior to having 7 Flash updates done a few weeks ago and now I can't get it to connect. I even tired the suggestion for the easy in/out moving the seat all the way up and back. Any other suggestions? (2011 Grand Cherokee)
jun3au is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.