Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Return of the Trailhawk

11K views 83 replies 25 participants last post by  ColdCase 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Keep in mind that previous Trailhawk-named JGCs were just special editions on existing trim levels. The MY17 Trailhawk is a completely separate trim level with some unique features only available on Trailhawk, such as QD-II with ELSD with a V6 engine and a customized QL suspension that's different than the normal QL. (Summit for MY17 also gets QD-II and ELSD across all engines available)

2016WK, I'm not sure where you're getting the information that the EcoDiesel will not be available, but insider information on another forum still shows all three engines available for MY17 Trailhawk. The official reveal is only a few minutes away, so presumably more detailed specifications will become available at that time. (2:30 Central Time US)

Here's a link to the currently available specifications:

http://wk2jeeps.com/pdf/2017_WK2_Trailhawk_Summit_Specs.pdf

#5 ·
It seems that there is less and less usefulness in so called "insider" info as FCA typically releases these details on their news feed as soon as dealers get them. The news feed gets picked up by several news outlets and sites, for example allpar (http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/grand-cherokee-2017.html)

I wouldn't trust so called insider info completely until verified by FCA, there have been a few releases of bogus or misleading info over the past year as insiders attempt to stay relevant. FCA released the 2017 Trailhawk and Summit specs on 15 Match I think, and we recently added them to the spec sticky (after someone here noticed they were available :) ).

Exciting to talk about and speculate, however.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=17373&mid=1

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/download.do?id=17379&mid=1

#12 ·
Yeah there are a couple here too that prefer to be more anonymous and don't have a financial stake in the site. I just meant to say that it seems FCA has been releasing info themselves before giving permission.

It is nice, however, for someone reading every release and internal memo and filtering out those WK2 related.

Reactions: jim_in_PA
#10 ·
GC Trailhawk is back! Thoughts?

Hey Jeepers !

The Grand Cherokee Trailhawk version made its debut in the NYIAS.

I wasn't aware that there was a limited edition model of the GC Trailhawk in 2012, but the 2017 model year version looks fantastic!

ORAII with ELSD, unique air suspension, rock rails, Wrangler-like Kevlar reinforced Goodyear tires, tow hooks, larger front fascia (?) from the looks of it....

How much more capable would this vehicle be off-road than the standard GC, say - the Limited version?

Really wish I had known this version would be coming out, or I'd have waited.

This would start at $45,000 I'd assume?

Thanks in advance :)

#13 ·
How much more capable would this vehicle be off-road than the standard GC, say - the Limited version?
Considering the modified QL for better articulation and the inclusion of QD-II with ELSD for all three engine choices, it's likely going to perform just a little better than a "similarly equipped" Limited trim level. Even if it's an incremental increase in capability, that's nice for folks who love to go off road a lot. Trailhawk is a separate trim level this time with unique features, not a special edition "package".

#11 ·
Dern fine looking automobile there! Not a fan of the TrailHawk 'wings' badge, but all the other little red accents are nice. I think those wheels would look awful nice on my WK...

Glad to see the smile is gone from the front end of these WK2's, man was that ugly.

#24 ·
Yes, all articles from March said that it would be getting the diesel. ColdCase, who is a moderator (and/or a guy I consider "in the know", in dealing with him on these Jeep Forums for 5+ years), confirmed that the diesel is not available right now. So, he suggested it might be a "late availability", meaning it can be ordered later in the model year (which Jeep is known to do). So, for now, I'm going to wait and see. My dealer is a good guy, and I have bought 5 Jeeps from him over the years; he said he can actually order the Trailhawk right now, and there is NOT a diesel checkbox in the ordering system. So, this time, I think he might be correct, at least in the initial run!

This post has been deleted
#33 ·
I'm surprised that the trailhawk is cheaper than the overland - I expected the trailhawk to be one of the more expensive trims - Like an offroad level above the overland. Kind of happy because it means I'll be less envious of trailhawk owners with my overland and maybe I'll just get the hood decal haha.

Also, the tool lets you customize the trailhawk by adding a diesel, so I guess that answers that question.

#34 ·
boon4376 said:
I'm surprised that the trailhawk is cheaper than the overland - I expected the trailhawk to be one of the more expensive trims - Like an offroad level above the overland. Kind of happy because it means I'll be less envious of trailhawk owners with my overland and maybe I'll just get the hood decal haha. Also, the tool lets you customize the trailhawk by adding a diesel, so I guess that answers that question.
Sensitive subject in my house, optioned out my TH has more features than my wife's '16 High Altitude. She got hers this spring rewarding herself for getting her Masters Degree, I got mine for my support role while she did all the work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.