Removing trunk cover.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Removing trunk cover....

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
boyvan
2012 WK 

Removing trunk cover....

Hi guys....How do I take the trunk cover off? A friend of mine also tried but he thinks it is stuck. He has a GC as well. Thx.

trunk-cover.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
97HMCS
2012 WK 

It's like a toilet paper holder. Push to the right and lift the left side up and out.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
nyrhockey23

i think i lost mine as i can't think of where it could be. I hate that trunk cover as it just gets in the way of loading big stuff so you have to get into the trunk and remove it then takes up more space. I guess there's a purpose to it but i'm happy without it.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Charlienmr
2012 WK 

I like to use it when I go wine tasting. My purchases have to fit under the cover. Saved me a bit of money. ;-)
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

First thing I did to my '14 was take it out. As nyrhockey23 says, it gets in the way.

Also my thought is if someone walks by the Jeep and sees the trunk is covered, then there must be something worth hiding, so lets break in and see!
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
zr2s10
2012 WK 

It does fight me sometime, but yeah, grab one end and pull it toward the other end, and up.

I keep mine in, only for the fact that if you're in an accident, it will at least slow down whatever items may be unsecured in the cargo area. But I agree, it can be a pain in the arse when you're trying load certain things, and have to remove it. As far as people walking by and looking in, they pretty much have to take an obvious look through the glass. The tint makes it a bit hard to see just walking by.
zr2s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
ColdCase

2011 WK 

I use it to protect cargo from heat or sunlight. It deadens rear end noise and cargo rattles and also has a nice style to it. It does get in the way for bulkier items.

Thieves don't break in to see whats there, only bother if there is something obvious like a iPhone in the front cup holder. Vandals could care less.
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
I use it to protect cargo from heat or sunlight. It deadens rear end noise and cargo rattles and also has a nice style to it. It does get in the way for bulkier items.

Thieves don't break in to see whats there, only bother if there is something obvious like a iPhone in the front cup holder. Vandals could care less.
I agree with you on this more....in most cases thieves will break in if/when they know something worth stealing is inside the vehicle.

I use it to cover cargo and probably will leave on but wanted to know how to take it off. Mine is stuck or too hard so will ask the dealer to look at it when I am in next.
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
jeep_coastie

I have subwoofers and I keep my golf clubs in the back. That cover is always on. Out of sight, out of mind for thieves.
jeep_coastie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.