Removing Front Fascia? Tow Hook Install? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Removing Front Fascia? Tow Hook Install?

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

Removing Front Fascia? Tow Hook Install?

Has anyone removed their front fascia? I downloaded the PDF showing where all the fasteners are but it looks as though I need a special tool....?

The reason I want to remove is to install the Mopar tow hooks.

Thanks!

getoutandplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

If it's anything like the WKs the plastic fasteners are cheap and easy to replace. No special tool really required, but some of the original fasteners will probably need to be replaced when you pry them out.
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
CTO1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutandplay View Post
Has anyone removed their front fascia? I downloaded the PDF showing where all the fasteners are but it looks as though I need a special tool....?

The reason I want to remove is to install the Mopar tow hooks.

Thanks!
You shouldn't need a special tool but a pair of pliers might come in handy if one of them is being stubborn. Like Texas WJ said, though, they are plastic and can break. The ones that are on the very edges up under the wheel wells are the hardest to get to. For taking those off I had to push the air dam back towards the rear of the vehicle with my other hand. Also, once you get all of the fasteners off, be careful when removing the dam. The upper edge is fastened to the bumper fascia with plastic clips which could also break if you aren't careful.
CTO1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.