Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Remote Starter & 2-way options?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  2011Hemi 
#1 ·
I just ordered my 2011 JGC Overland, V8, Mineral Grey with Black interior. I can't wait. Living in cold Alberta, i'm curious if anyone knows the distance/range of the factory starter?

Also, has anyone either installed or looked into an after market 2-way starter or even a text start option like this: http://www.driving.ca/news/story.html?id=a7c797f8-b28e-47cd-bcbd-1b36eff767ec

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
328 feet according to jeep website. See security section.[/QUOTE

I thought it was 800'

"Mopar has a fully integrated, OEM remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 800 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days."

#4 ·
800' is pretty good. Still thinking of "text" start module. Called to $600-700cdn, +12.95/month for service as it works off a cellular type module.

I was told they haven't done it in the new 2011 GC yet...I might be the first...not sure if I should try that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.