remote start question.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > remote start question....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Dabitz

remote start question....

I got my remote start installed after the purchase and I don't think I have any manual. Every time I start my car the heat and defroster start as default, not a good idea in the summer. Is there a way to start the car with the a/c on? I think heat comes up even if I shut off with the a/c on... any ideas?

Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Djeazie

Noticed this on mine as well. hmmmm...
Djeazie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Dabitz

I was reading the manual last night, it is supossed to be automatic based on temp outside...
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Djeazie

Well it was 101 today where I live. I got it my Jeep after it running for 15 minutes from the remote start, rear defrost was on and the vents were blowing hot air!? How hot does it have to be for the air conditioning (which I left on before I got out) to work? I have heard of others saying the same thing.
Djeazie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine was installed at the factory and works perfectly. It pulls whatever mode I last left the truck in. I do notice that sometimes the rear defrost is on and sometimes it's not. Very strange.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
\\WK//
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
Mine was installed at the factory and works perfectly. It pulls whatever mode I last left the truck in. I do notice that sometimes the rear defrost is on and sometimes it's not. Very strange.
Mine does this as well. Not sure what the deal is.
\\WK// is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
GrannyPotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz View Post
I got my remote start installed after the purchase and I don't think I have any manual. Every time I start my car the heat and defroster start as default, not a good idea in the summer. Is there a way to start the car with the a/c on? I think heat comes up even if I shut off with the a/c on... any ideas?
Questions:

1) Is this a factory installed remote start?

2) Is this an ATC (Automatic) or MTC (Manual) HVAC control head?

3) During remote start, does the Gauge Cluster properly display the outside ambient temperature?

...I might be able to help you guys.
GrannyPotts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
GrannyPotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
I do notice that sometimes the rear defrost is on and sometimes it's not. Very strange.
If the outside ambient temperature is below 40 degrees (F) on startup, both front and rear defrost are engaged for a set amount of time.
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Dabitz

Well, I bought the Laredo based model, the dealer installed factory remote start. I am not sure what you mean by "2) Is this an ATC (Automatic) or MTC (Manual) HVAC control head? " I see no option on the display to make any changes to the remote start system. Dealer also installed one of those mirrors with Garage opener, now my compass doesn't work either. Mirror has no compass, just garage opener and dim mirror feature.
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Dabitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeazie View Post
Well it was 101 today where I live. I got it my Jeep after it running for 15 minutes from the remote start, rear defrost was on and the vents were blowing hot air!? How hot does it have to be for the air conditioning (which I left on before I got out) to work? I have heard of others saying the same thing.
Same thing happened to me, almost melted my steering wheel in the process.
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
GrannyPotts

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "2) Is this an ATC (Automatic) or MTC (Manual) HVAC control head? " I see no option on the display to make any changes to the remote start system.
An ATC system has an LCD display and one knob in the middle of the control that changes blower speed.

An MTC system has no LCD display and three knobs. One for blower, one for driver temp and one for passenger temp.

I'm very interested in hearing about this, as I've spent many hours testing both remote start and the HVAC interaction.

Please let me know about the ambient temp display as I believe that to be the root of the problem.
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
GrannyPotts

Quote:
Same thing happened to me, almost melted my steering wheel in the process.
Was the remote start factory or dealer installed?
Unread 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
\\WK//
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is some info on mine... Base Laredo 4x4, off road package, factory installed remote start, MTC. I tested this during lunch. Outside temp according to the local news = 76, inside temp according to the Jeep control center (see pic below) = 64. I stood next to the Jeep when I started it so I could see the MTC. Before the engine fired up the rear defrost came on, then the engine stared. Most of the time if I drive the Jeep for a short distance and remote start it again the rear defrost will not turn on. Today has been a little cool out. Most days it has been 95+ out and the rear defrost still comes on. I hope this helps.

Last edited by \\WK//; 08-31-2010 at 03:30 PM..
\\WK// is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Dabitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPotts View Post
Was the remote start factory or dealer installed?
It was dealer installed. I know for fact that they had to call Chrysler for help in the process.
Unread 08-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #15
jonesark

I just wish it was 64 degrees when I started mine up...... lol
jonesark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.