Rear view mirror operation? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear view mirror operation?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
diegom6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
The jeep has auto dimming side mirrors as well I would assume correct? Atleast most other cars that have an auto dimming inside mirror that same switch also controls the outside auto dimming function as well. Just wanted to double check that those dim as well as I'm pretty sure I remember my 05 limited and 08 SRT8 had power, heated, dimming outside mirrors.

James
Correct.

- ARB Lockers
-Dana30 -Dana44 Rear
- AX15
diegom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
plynn7
2014 WK 

The WK2 does have auto dimming outside mirrors if the inside mirror has this option (green led light on the inside mirror). I had it on my 08 Limited and now on my 11 WK2 Overland. The auto dimming feature kicks on when the headlights of you jeep are on for both inside and outside mirrors. If you press the button just below the inside mirror this will turn off the auto dimming, and it takes about 15 seconds to fully shut off.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
zman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My 2003 Rubicon, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 and my wifes Grand (Larado X pkg) have this rear view mirror and none of them dim the side mirrors. If it does dim them its hardly noticeable as I have to lower the mirror at night from being blinded from behind.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.