Rear Bumper Protection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear Bumper Protection

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
cable909

Rear Bumper Protection

Hey All,

I just picked up my Laredo X and I'm looking for rear bumper protection against scratches / dents. This looked promising:

http://www.bumperguard.org/

But after speaking with them it seems like it will obstruct the handle on the rear door.

Any suggestions?

cable909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Personally, I'd save your money.

It doesn't appear that it will offer any REAL protection, with the exception of the neighbor kid running his bike into the rear of your Jeep.

What specifcially are you trying to protect against?

Looking at how that works for other vehicles, it appears it would potentially cause more damage to the vehicle in a rear end collision.
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
cable909

I live in Brooklyn and my old 2008 Liberty's rear bumper was scratched up quite a bit from cars parked behind mine. I'd like to avoid this on the new Jeep.
cable909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, the pains of street parking in an Urban area. Both of my brothers have dealt with that on occasion here in Chicago.

That thing that you posted won't give you any protection whatsoever from a love tap on the street. Shopping carts maybe, but not love taps.

If you have a tow package, maybe pick up a ball mount & ball for your receiver.

Unread 04-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
fleuger99
2011 WK 

That thing is FUGLY! It looks worse than a scratch on your bumper. Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face
Unread 04-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Dabitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
That thing is FUGLY! It looks worse than a scratch on your bumper. Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face
Is a NYC thing (no offense), I see them all the time in NJ and I agree, it looks hideous. I'd rather drive around with a scratched bumper. If you don't have the tow package you can pick an aftermarket one off eBay, those that sit under the bumper and then install the ball mount.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
Richard338
2006 XK Commander 

I was thinking more something like this. http://www.carid.com/2011-jeep-grand...ds-147175.html. Anyone actually seen one of these, or these? http://www.carid.com/2011-jeep-grand...rd-159210.html
Richard338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.