Rattles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Rattles

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
lords47

Rattles

Anyone having any issues with rattles yet? Driving me nuts! Sounds like its coming from the overhead console; either the sunglasses holder, the panel itself, or the headliner.

Unread 04-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
one11sgt

Try re-adjusting the rear view mirror. I get a rattle once in a while from it..... I just move it a tiny bit and it goes away.
Obviously if you have sunglasses in the holder...take them out.
one11sgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lords47 View Post
Anyone having any issues with rattles yet? Driving me nuts! Sounds like its coming from the overhead console; either the sunglasses holder, the panel itself, or the headliner.
I don't store my sunglasses in the holder because of the rattles. They should have lined the glasses holder with something. I now store my sunglasses in the upper center console which is lined so there are no rattles.

No other rattles on mine to report. Sometimes over bumps though if no one is sitting in the front passenger seat the top part of the seat/headrest makes some noise over bumpy roads which is kind of odd.
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
lords47

The sunglasses holder was empty at the time. My sunglasses were on my face. LOL I'll play with the rearview mirror and see if that helps at all. thanks for hte tip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.