Radar Detector Wiring question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Radar Detector Wiring question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Shub45

Radar Detector Wiring question

Can anyone tell me... I want to hard wire my radar detector. The logical place would be the acc / cigarette lighter. I have a sunroof and pulled the trim with lights and buttons down. The harness is bunched together with lots of colored wires. Common sense is to tap into red and black however there is no solid red. Who knows which wire is supplying the power?

Shub45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I recall folks here taping behind the rear view mirror trim, one of the vendors has a kit for it I believe. There have been instructions posted years ago. Sorry I can't be of more help, except that its been done.
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
kkreit01

Red & Black is not very common throughout OE auto wiring. Use a DVM to see which wire is switched with ACC. Is there a pink with green stripe?
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Invisicord the place to buy the wire. Let me go check back on some of my posts for the wire color you want. I just did this and it was awesome.
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Green/pink is the acc hot wire. Black is the ground. When you get the invisicord it comes with red and green. Red is the hot wire that goes into the green/pink and green is the negative that gets connected to the black.

Hope that helps.
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
jeffreybehr
2013 WK 

Here's a link to the RV-mirror DIY wiring.

http://www.**********.org/f75/wk2-ra...tap-57544.html
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
Shub45

Thanks for all the help. After frying my Bel detector I decided to buy a new one and plug it in the accessory jack and run the wire that way. I did tap into the accessory jack wires but it kept blowing my inline fuse. Couldn't figure it out. It was just two wires to tap into. Pink with stripe and a black. Pain in the *** to tie up my jack but I couldn't risk frying my new detector.
Shub45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.