quility on my 2014 V8 Summit - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > quility on my 2014 V8 Summit

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Reply
Unread 11-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
quility on my 2014 V8 Summit

I'm having a hard time containing the rage monster. This is my fourth jeep and second grand Cherokee. Never had gremlins before. I've owned it now for three days. Here's the list: blue tooth stopped working, flashes red to take back to dealership. Driver side finder flare has fish eyes in the paint. Bad mold shot on the front lower grill chrome. Driver side A -pillar speaker has a scratch on it. Last but not least, the spare tire kit is just laying in the trunk, surrounded by cheap styrofoam. It's not even screwed in! So Everytime you hit a bump , the whole thing rattles!


Last edited by Jackal01; 11-28-2013 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: Title edited for language.
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!
 
ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 23,087
I'll help best I can:/
1) Take it back to the dealership then.
2) w/o seeing a pic there is nothing to reference off of, but in the past I have heard that car manufacturers have very low standards for defects in paint after it leaves the factory. In other words, you are probably SOL unless it is really bad - but if it were so bad, why did you buy it like that?
3) Mold? Cleanable?
4) Warranty?
5) There aren't any straps to hold the kit, or a more secure cubby? There is no such thing as expensive Styrofoam
__________________
'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package
ArloGuthroJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Dealership is fixing radio, trunk noise and fogged head lights today after work. Waiting for dealership paint shop to get back with me about chrome and paint, I have all write ups in writing. Just a pain in the butt, waiting for dealership to fix jeep. My grand cheroke must have been made on a overtime shift...
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
MattXJ
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 239
Some headlamp fogging is normal, and by design:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0808613.pdf

Make sure they update your UConnect to the latest version:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804913e.pdf

Make sure you've applied all firmware+OS updates to your smartphone - just to be safe.

Body/trim issues - I had a bunch too, when I took delivery. Dealership is working through them.

Yes, my spare tire/jack rattle a bit over big bumps. This can be fixed with some creative adjusting/securing.

Trim, such as speaker bezzels, can be replaced under warranty.

I too went through a rough period of stress when she was new. It gets better. Underneath the details is a very well thought out, and conscientiously designed rig that you'll end up being very very pleased to drive/own. Hang in there. Let the dealer do their thing.
__________________
89 XJ (Ltd): RE 3.5", full leafs, 3/4" coil spacers, RE monotubes, JKS Adj trac, tcase drop, OME steering stab., BFG AT 31x10.5xR15s on 15x8 3.75bs, Borla cat-back
14 WK2 SRT: DiabloSport catch can, Borla S-Type
MattXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Thanks MattXJ!
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
gregory30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rzeszow, Podkarpacie
Posts: 39
MattXJ , you mentioned that fogging front lamp is a normal situation
on my summit 2014 i noticed that front lamps are fogging, what to do with it?
gregory30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
14summithemi
Senior Member
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay Village, OHIO
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory30 View Post
MattXJ , you mentioned that fogging front lamp is a normal situation
on my summit 2014 i noticed that front lamps are fogging, what to do with it?
I know you asked MattXJ but this was also a huge worry for me as I noticed it on the vehicles on dealer lot. My '14 Summit built 11/6 has it every day here in our Ohio winter climate. After reading the TSB and doing some other research, you gotta just "believe". Follow the procedure suggested for the dealer in the TSB and as it states, take it in if it doesn't clear up in 20.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
gregory30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rzeszow, Podkarpacie
Posts: 39
My summit v8 build march
today was about 32 F, some snow , some rain and i noticed this fogging

How you managed with that fogging ? i have read that opening it and cleaning could help.
Both lamps were fogged in the same level , so it cant be a failure in both at the same time..?
Did you ask dealer about this?
gregory30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory30
My summit v8 build march today was about 32 F, some snow , some rain and i noticed this fogging How you managed with that fogging ? i have read that opening it and cleaning could help. Both lamps were fogged in the same level , so it cant be a failure in both at the same time..? Did you ask dealer about this?
I initially complained about mine fogging. Dealership showed me what was considered excessive fogging, to replace. They stated mine didn't fog that bad and cleared about after 30 minutes. I still feel the lights shouldn't fog at all!
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
gregory30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rzeszow, Podkarpacie
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1 View Post
I initially complained about mine fogging. Dealership showed me what was considered excessive fogging, to replace. They stated mine didn't fog that bad and cleared about after 30 minutes. I still feel the lights shouldn't fog at all!
what did they show you to replace? as far i know lamps has some poors to ventilate, if a lamp is good ventilated, it should not fog at all or a bit. Mayby manufacture problem
gregory30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory30
what did they show you to replace? as far i know lamps has some poors to ventilate, if a lamp is good ventilated, it should not fog at all or a bit. Mayby manufacture problem
i don't remember all the detsils. The headlights are one of a dozen things I've been fighting with Erwin Chrysler... I printed off the service bulletin and argued with the service manager. He said something along the lines, that they only replace them if they stay fogged after 30 minutes or so. He stated that the whole headlight module was $3,200 to replace. Can't remember if that was for both lights, or apiece. I really don't give a $:&@ how much they cost to replace. Considering how much the grand Cherokees cost...
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
gregory30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rzeszow, Podkarpacie
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1 View Post
i don't remember all the detsils. The headlights are one of a dozen things I've been fighting with Erwin Chrysler... I printed off the service bulletin and argued with the service manager. He said something along the lines, that they only replace them if they stay fogged after 30 minutes or so. He stated that the whole headlight module was $3,200 to replace. Can't remember if that was for both lights, or apiece. I really don't give a $:&@ how much they cost to replace. Considering how much the grand Cherokees cost...
over $3k ?very expensive.. bi-xenons make the price..
So you are dissapointed with Grand Cherokee overall? i dont have opinion for now, just started to use it and noticed that fogging. My exhaust tip in summit was crashed,the dealer dont have a single tip to sell, to get that tip i got to buy exhaust system which cost over 600$.., for overland there that round tip is available, for summit no ;-(
gregory30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory30
over $3k ?very expensive.. bi-xenons make the price.. So you are dissapointed with Grand Cherokee overall? i dont have opinion for now, just started to use it and noticed that fogging. My exhaust tip in summit was crashed,the dealer dont have a single tip to sell, to get that tip i got to buy exhaust system which cost over 600$.., for overland there that round tip is available, for summit no ;-(
check out my post on (hate to say it, but...) hopefully when I get it back, next week all the bugs will be worked out
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
RB145
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1 View Post
check out my post on (hate to say it, but...) hopefully when I get it back, next week all the bugs will be worked out
If the fogging in the headlights is normal then it's not going to matter how many times they are replaced is it?
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #15
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB145
If the fogging in the headlights is normal then it's not going to matter how many times they are replaced is it?
that's the conclusion that I came to. Seems more like a design flow, than a bad part. I stopped complaining about the lights, when both of mine had the same amount of condensation on them.
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.