Questions about buying 2014 Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Questions about buying 2014 Limited

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
mswlogo

Questions about buying 2014 Limited

I hope it's ok to talk prices.

I looked to see if there were others and there were with no complaints.

I decided to order one and wanted to know if I'm getting a reasonable deal.

It's a 2014 Limited with Tow Package and Nav (8.4AN)

It's about $2800 off list. Is that reasonable for 2014 basic Limited range.

I used cars.com very successfully on a VW but this time Jeeps were harder because many dealers quoting prices with rebates you won't qualify for.

This has no Jeep Rebates at this time.

I'm hoping 0% finance is still available when it comes in.

Dealer said officially it's 6-8 weeks, but they often come in 4-5 weeks.

I kept my current 2002 for 12 years and 224K. Absolutely hated the following model. I still think my current looks better. But I can't keep it forever.

I really don't want a sunroof. I never use them and just one more thing to break/leak. And no after 12 years and $200K it won't make a hoot of difference on resale (even if it still works by then).

Any way some questions.

Is there any possible way to get Advanced Technology Group without the Luxury Group II. To get Advanced Technology Group will cost me $5300 (list). I really would like that Advanced Technology Group but can justify it. Why are they bundling it like that?

Also does anyone know if the tow package (V6 Class IV $795 list) changes gear ratios. In past models they did change it. I don't want lower gear ratio for the 100 ft I typically tow a year (boat in, boat out).

mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Is there any possible way to get Advanced Technology Group without the Luxury Group II. To get Advanced Technology Group will cost me $5300 (list). I really would like that Advanced Technology Group but can justify it.
No

Quote:
Also does anyone know if the tow package (V6 Class IV $795 list) changes gear ratios. In past models they did change it. I don't want lower gear ratio for the 100 ft I typically tow a year (boat in, boat out).
It does not change the gear ratio.

On the Limited 4X2, the AHX Tow Group (MSRP $795) includes:
220 AMP ALTERNATOR (BAJ)
7 AND 4 PIN WIRING HARNESS (XF2)
CLASS IV RECEIVER HITCH (XFH)
DELETE REAR TOW HOOK (XC8)
FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE (TBB)
HEAVY DUTY ENGINE COOLING (NMC)
NORMAL DUTY SUSPENSION (SDA)
REAR LOAD LEVELING SUSPENSION (SES)

On the Limited 4X4, the AHX Tow Group (MSRP $795) includes:
220 AMP ALTERNATOR (BAJ)
7 AND 4 PIN WIRING HARNESS (XF2)
CLASS IV RECEIVER HITCH (XFH)
DELETE REAR TOW HOOK (XC8)
FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE (TBB)
HEAVY DUTY ENGINE COOLING (NMC)
REAR LOAD LEVELING SUSPENSION (SES)
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
I hope it's ok to talk prices.

I looked to see if there were others and there were with no complaints.

I decided to order one and wanted to know if I'm getting a reasonable deal.

It's a 2014 Limited with Tow Package and Nav (8.4AN)

It's about $2800 off list. Is that reasonable for 2014 basic Limited range.

I used cars.com very successfully on a VW but this time Jeeps were harder because many dealers quoting prices with rebates you won't qualify for.

This has no Jeep Rebates at this time.

I'm hoping 0% finance is still available when it comes in.

Dealer said officially it's 6-8 weeks, but they often come in 4-5 weeks.

I kept my current 2002 for 12 years and 224K. Absolutely hated the following model. I still think my current looks better. But I can't keep it forever.

I really don't want a sunroof. I never use them and just one more thing to break/leak. And no after 12 years and $200K it won't make a hoot of difference on resale (even if it still works by then).

Any way some questions.

Is there any possible way to get Advanced Technology Group without the Luxury Group II. To get Advanced Technology Group will cost me $5300 (list). I really would like that Advanced Technology Group but can justify it. Why are they bundling it like that?

I would advise discussing price based on invoice not MSRP. Tell us the invoice price. If you dont know that you have a much greater chance of paying too much. I paid invoice minus holdback i.e. bottom line / pants down price for my limited, but it was in stock, you will pay more if you order it.
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
I would advise discussing price based on invoice not MSRP. Tell us the invoice price. If you dont know that you have a much greater chance of paying too much. I paid invoice minus holdback i.e. bottom line / pants down price for my limited, but it was in stock, you will pay more if you order it.
TrueCar.com says Invoice is 37,915 and dealer is offering 37,600 ($300.00) below that invoice.

However, TrueCar.com MSRP (with same options) does not agree with jeep.com. TrueCar.com says MSRP of 39,585 but Jeep.com says MSRP of 40,580.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
TrueCar.com says Invoice is 37,915 and dealer is offering 37,600 ($300.00) below that invoice.

However, TrueCar.com MSRP (with same options) does not agree with jeep.com. TrueCar.com says MSRP of 39,585 but Jeep.com says MSRP of 40,580.
Pony up and buy consumerreports price service, you get what you pay for. Then it will all add up. Ideal price would by invoice minus all holdback, but you will only get that with a volume dealer
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Join Tread Lightly for 3 years

And you get 1% under invoice. Starting point for negotiations. Some folks have gotten 4 to6% under invoice through group buys etc.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
blkvette94

before you buy

I can't recommend buying now. TOOOOO many issues and Jeep knows it. If you do buy.. Before you leave the lot or sell your old car.

Make sure the Nav system works according to the book, Not what the salesman says is normal operation. If you get remote start, make sure it works to set the temps and changes the radio settings. Make sure the forward collision and parksense systems work.
Drive it in ECO mode and see if it is smooth or jerky. Realize it changes gears often due to an eight speed.. But you'll feel something aint right if it has the comon trans problem

double check the settings stay like you want them, make sure the back up camera reacts like it should.. There is a laundry list of major problems that your new Jeep my have when it's delivered.
blkvette94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
nyrhockey23

In short, try to find a '13 instead. Less problems and look better.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.