Question for JeepCares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Question for JeepCares

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Question for JeepCares

I tried to send you an update on my service visit today for the keyfob not opening the liftgate properly and the air susp cooling down message but your pm box was filled up.

Let me know when you free up some space? Thank you

Unread 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Bob, what was the update on the multiple presses to get the gate to lift?
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Yesterday, even with an appointment and waiting at the dealership for over 2 hours, they said that radio interference is keeping the liftgate from opening with 1 double click on the keyfob, so its acting as designed. When I read that on the service invoice, I then got the service manager and brought him out to my Jeep which was parked in the middle of his lot. I told him to use the keyfob and open the liftgate. He clicked the keyfob liftgate button 2 times and of course nothing happened. So I said go ahead and click it 2 times again and then it opened. When he saw that he said that's not right so he was going to contact Chrysler and get a star case opened and he would get back to me in an hour or so. As of right now, its been 24 hours and not a word. No surprise since I bet Chrysler doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

My vehicle was also showing a warning message in the EVIC that the "Air Suspension is Cooling Down - Please Wait". This would occur only after a cold start and after traveling about 3 miles. Yesterday on the way to the dealer, it showed the message at 2.7 miles and then again at 5.9 miles. Then that was it. The tech at the dealer said it shows a new DTC of C15A3-00, and it recommends replacement of the ASCM (air susp control module) and since the 2014's haven't been out long, no replacement module is available and no estimate of when it will be available was offered.

So the waiting begins.
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

I guess radio interference is also resulting in my liftgate functioning the same way. Gotta love these service techs who find every other reason in the book NOT to fix something. Clearly there is an issue with the liftgate as multiple people have reported the same 4 click process. Ridiculous.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
I guess radio interference is also resulting in my liftgate functioning the same way. Gotta love these service techs who find every other reason in the book NOT to fix something. Clearly there is an issue with the liftgate as multiple people have reported the same 4 click process. Ridiculous.
Actually it was the techs at Chrysler that mentioned radio interference as causing the problem.

I could be wrong but I swear the liftgate operated correctly for a few days after I took delivery. Then 1 day I used the remote to open the liftgate, it opened about 2 inches and then closed. Since then, it has required 4 clicks to open it.

My service manager was on the phone with Chrysler STAR tech support today for over an hour and they gave him a list of 5 things he is to check next time I bring it in to be looked at. The last one being to disconnect the battery terminals at the battery, touching thme both together for 10 minutes to draw off any possible voltage left in capacitors and then reconnect the cables and reprogram at least 9 modules which operate the vehicle. The SM said he doesn't like doing that because he has seen times when it takes a loooooong time for all the modules to get programmed properly and if not, he has to start the entire process over again.

He is also waiting for a new updated part number for the air suspension control module since the latest part # listed for the 2014 is superceded to no known part # available yet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.