QUADRA-TRAC I good for deep snow? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > QUADRA-TRAC I good for deep snow?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
freq18hz

Question QUADRA-TRAC I good for deep snow?

Looking for some info from snow experts...

I'm looking at buying an Altitude Grand Cherokee, and I'm wondering if quadra-trac I is going to be good in deep snow, slush, etc. ?

I love the way the Altitude looks, but I want awesome snow performance. I do not want to get stuck in another Michigan winter! Will the Altitude with quadra-trac I fit the bill?

-Freq

freq18hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

Excellent explanations here: http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/
But remember, you can get anything stuck if you try hard enough.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Better Info here:

ww.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/wk2-faq-basic-info-compilation-1173618/
Unread 07-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq18hz View Post
Looking for some info from snow experts...

I'm looking at buying an Altitude Grand Cherokee, and I'm wondering if quadra-trac I is going to be good in deep snow, slush, etc. ?

I love the way the Altitude looks, but I want awesome snow performance. I do not want to get stuck in another Michigan winter! Will the Altitude with quadra-trac I fit the bill?

-Freq
QTI is excellent in the snow, especially when equipped with snow tires. Most WK2s are built with QTI, many here run them.

QTII and QD may get you there with less wheel spin or drama. QTII (and QD) has low range which can be useful off road or towing a boat+trailer out of the water. I have a QD as I didn't want any compromise.
Unread 07-20-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
freq18hz

I'm familiar with how the systems work on paper, looking for real world accounts on how QTI does in deep snow, blizzards etc.

-Freq
freq18hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

While you are waiting for comment you may want to try a search. Snow performance has been discussed several times over the years.

How a vehicle does is somewhat subjective, what is important to you? The WK2 QTI is as good or better than any AWD type system out there.... but tires will make or break your day in deep snow. QTII and QD can be better starting from a dead stop as they have snow mode.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.