Proud owner of a 2012 GC V6 4x4 Limited - Questions to European Standards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Proud owner of a 2012 GC V6 4x4 Limited - Questions to European Standards

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Suther
2012 WK 

Proud owner of a 2012 GC V6 4x4 Limited - Questions to European Standards

Hello,

bought my GC a week ago. Great car and really love it, currently my wife more that leaves me with the Odessey ; anyway love to drive it and I am looking forward for my first trip into the Blueridge Mountains with my boys for a hike.

Coming to the serious part of this post; I am a German Soldier currently stationed in Norfolk and going back to Germany in two years. I will take the car with me and therefore I have to do some changes to it.

1) Rear Fog light - easy done, just by the aftermarket kit
2) Front Tow hooks - easy, see above
3) Headlight washers - kind a complicated
a) Buy all the parts for European models, best but also most expensive solution. Big question is the electronic part of it as I don't have a wiring diagram of the headlight and headlight washer system
b) Combine parts of headlight washer systems (e.g. noozle from Porsche, Hella Pump, hose, etc.). Not the nicest solution but cheaper and potentially easier. Questions would be which nozzle?
c) Combine a) and b); use the pump jet and covers from the original, and an aftermarket pump and parts.
4) Taillight amber blinkers - also kind a complicated
What I found out is that only one wire transports the signal to the combined brake/turn signal bulb. The european taillights have the amber bulb in the outer backlight. So there are also two solutions;
a) Try to seperate the turnsignal at the blackbox and use a seperate wire to the outer backlight. Question would be, does the electronic of the GC need a to be changed/parameters changed?
b) Get the turn signal from the front blinkers, bring that back and use a relais to steer the outer backlight.

Any good ideas are welcome; I promise to write a How-to when I am finished.

My most important questions are:

- Does anybody have something similiar done (at least the search didn't bring up anything)?
- Where to get the wiring diagrams for the headlights, headlight washer and taillights? Onlything I found is this: http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/main.asp
- The front bumper nearly follows the line of the headlights, so it is difficult to get a certain angle for the washer nozzle (not a jet). That means the nozzle have to have a certain length (like the old Landys) and also a small base to still fit on the rounded bumper. The Porsche one looks promising but is still short, so does somebody have a better example?

Thanks a Lot!

Alex

Suther is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.