Potential buyer, got questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Potential buyer, got questions...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Jdsmitty10

Potential buyer, got questions...

Hi, new to the forum. I am looking to get the limited or overland but am not sure which way to go... So here are my questions

Anyone have 3 car seats across? Will have an infant in nov., my son will be 18months then, and my daughter will be a lil over 3 yrs. Obviously all will be In carseats.

V6 or v8?? How much of a gas mileage difference are they? We are buying as a family car replacing my 07 Tacoma doublecab. My Tacoma has plenty of power with a 239hp v6. I don't tow but being without a truck, I may need to at some point.

As far as limited or overland. I am not sure about the air ride(long term repairs/probs)

If I get the limited, I would want the 20's, lux package, tow package(just in case), and maybe rear DVD.

Overland comes with the features of the lux package, has the 20's, the tow package.. and I would have to add DVD.. PLUS it has the fancy air ride(which I am not sure about)

So in the end when I build and price it comes out pretty much even for both

Lots of questions...What are your opinions?

Jdsmitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Brady12

In all honest with 3 children I would look at the Dodge Durango. It is the same chasis and drivetrain but w/3rd row.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Jdsmitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12 View Post
In all honest with 3 children I would look at the Dodge Durango. It is the same chasis and drivetrain but w/3rd row.
I am looking at those too but with 2 car seats in the second row, the 3rd would be tough to access. Plus with row 3 up, there is not enough cargo for strollers and stuff. Not o mention the jeep is better looking
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got a 08 wk and have 3 kids,4yo and 17mo old twins. We don't do it often but it is possible to get 3 carseats across. Since its doable in the previouse wk I'm sure u could do it in the wk2. I have a picture some where, as soon as I can find it I will post it.
Silver WK Club Member #21

2007 Jeep Compass (sold)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 4d (current)
2012 Dodge Durango (current)
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

gives you an idea how tight it is but that it can be done.
171384_1643315716627_1048884790_31367306_6479286_o.jpg  
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
Jdsmitty10

Thanks for the pic! The 2011's are roomier inside right? I did find a website that shows 3 across in a wk2. It almost looks like the way the seats are put in, the outboard seat is not centered on the headrest, which to me would mean more room in the middle. On your pic it looks like the seats are centered on the headrests..meaning maybe te latch anchors are out wider on the new one. Heres a link

http://www.motherproof.com/news-rant...ar-seat-check/

Anyone have answers/opinions on my other questions?
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
m5biemer
2011 WK 

I'd go with the overland vs limited, by the time you add the stuff on a limited that comes standard on the overland, you're at a similar price point anyway. With that said, I realize not everyone follows the same logic. We generally buy the loaded up versions of whatever car/truck/suv we're in the market for because I'm willing to pay up front to prevent any "should have's" down the road. When we were buying our JGC, I happened to read a post from a fellow forum member that he had purchased the V6 JGC then traded in a short while later for the V8 model. With the hill climbing we do, we opted for the V8, although our test drive was a V6 and it seemed pretty decent.
m5biemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Jdsmitty10

with all the bad stories of the quadralift suspension, i may be staying with the limited...kinda worried about having issues with that..
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
fleuger99
2011 WK 

I'd steer clear of the Overland because of the QL issues. I've had several problems with my suspension and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'd never buy a vehicle with an air suspension system again after this. The rest of the vehicle is fantastic though so avoid this and get the Limited.

I was sure I was going to buy a V6 but after driving the V8 I had to get one. I now have around 2300 miles on mine and if I drive with a light foot (I commute daily in stop and go traffic) I'm hitting an average of 16.5Mpg and if I keep it around 75Mph highway my best was 19Mpg. If I did this all over again I'd go for the V8 again.

Good luck with your purchase.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.