Is it possible to put LED headlights from high altitude on an altitude? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Is it possible to put LED headlights from high altitude on an altitude?

Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier & Adjustable Spare Tire FREE, FREE, FREE EVENT!! Save big on Lockers now till Apri2007-2016 Jeep JKU 4" X-series suspension lift **dea

Unread Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #1
Thegame81
2015 WK 

Is it possible to put LED headlights from high altitude on an altitude?

I picked up my 2015 grand Cherokee altitude about a month ago. I love the truck and it has everything that I wanted on it. The only thing that I wish it didn't have is the halogen headlamps. For me to get the high altitude was almost another $10,000 and there was a bunch of options that I really didn't care about. The only option I would have definitely purchased was the LED headlights.

I plan to keep the jeep for a very long time so I am thinking about upgrading the headlamps. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the headlamps from the high altitude from Jeep parts department and have them put into my altitude? I realize the swap may not be cheap but since I plan to keep the truck for a long time it's something I'd be willing to do. I'd purchase the parts then have the dealership do the install. Can anyone confirm this would be a direct fit and has anyone else ever done this ? I just don't want to do this and then later on have problems down the road. Thank you guys

Thegame81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Its major rework. There have been a few recent discussions that have more details. You do have to replace the headlamp assemblies which is the easy part. You may be able to get from a dealer for about $2000, or perhaps ebay knock offs for much less. But then it gets interesting as you need a wiring harness adapters and components, which are not easy to come by. My recollection is that no one is completely satisfied with the quirks and the hoops you have to jump through to make them somewhat work. When I get back to a computer I'll try to do a forum search for recent threads.
Unread Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #3
Thegame81
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Its major rework. There have been a few recent discussions that have more details. You do have to replace the headlamp assemblies which is the easy part. You may be able to get from a dealer for about $2000, or perhaps ebay knock offs for much less. But then it gets interesting as you need a wiring harness adapters and components, which are not easy to come by. My recollection is that no one is completely satisfied with the quirks and the hoops you have to jump through to make them somewhat work. When I get back to a computer I'll try to do a forum search for recent threads.
Oh wow ok Thanks cold case. Looks like I'll just upgrade the bulbs and do a rigid industries 20 inch led Lightbar in the lower grill and call it a day. That sucks I was really looking forward to getting those lights.
Thegame81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.