Possible Problems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Possible Problems?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
mort81

Possible Problems?

I have a '12 WK2 and not sure if these are problems or normal for the vehicle.

1. When mine tires spin and either the AWD or traction control kicks in I can hear moaning/grinding noise from under the dash. This only occurs at low speeds. Just want to know if anyone else experienced this and if it's a problem or just normal when the system is kicking in.

2. When the A/C is on I can here a faint clicking or humming noise coming from behind the glove box. Again is this normal with the heating and cooling system or normal? I don't notice a problem with the temp of the A/C or heat.

3. Finally, while driving I can feel a knock in my steering wheeling sometimes when turning or going over rough road. I think there is a TSB for this problem.

Any info will be appreciated. I plan on bringing these items up with the dealer but wanted to check to see if others have experienced any I these issues.

mort81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
rs153719

I have the same issue today while driving on icy roads. When the wheels spun I got the same noise that you described. The traction control light came on for a split second
rs153719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There is a ABS like hammer noise when traction control kicks in. Do you have QT1 or QT2 (with the mode buttons)?
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
rs153719

Base Laredo.... I guess Q1 because it's all-wheel drive with no extra functions
rs153719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.